Originally Posted by enki71 View Post
they told me that the 1.1 will not be available before january how this is possible??? i m disappointed and angry...
You wouldn't've wanted to be in the first batch of updaters, believe me, a shitload of semi-bricked phones because of OTA didn't happen like in the movies. Required a lot of trickery to get it working (because of no published images from Nokia & one can't downgrade a retail device without R&D-certificate)

I'm glad the update will be properly tested by Nokia before the next regions get their updates, so that customers without technical knowledge don't need throw their expensive phones to Nokia Care for possibly weeks waiting for a re-flash

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Dumb question: if I buy an N9 here in the States, and it's say an Australian device with a product code for that particular country, will I still be able to update if I'm in the US?
Sure you can. Mine is made for Austrian market, I live in Montenegro and I can update it.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Dumb question: if I buy an N9 here in the States, and it's say an Australian device with a product code for that particular country, will I still be able to update if I'm in the US?
Plenty of folks in the US have already updated their Australian phones.
Some I've even seen report doing it successfully via OTA...
Of course it depends on your product code, you may not be one of the lucky ones.

Do I have to do a back up before I reinstall software?