Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
If you don't want to use PR1.3, then just don't use it. I personally found PR1.3 does make N950 works better and full support software such as QTweak.

If you don't believe, just use official pre PR1.2.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by Vesuri View Post
It's very simple, then. Stop using it and stop whining about it here, since that definitely won't help anyone. There are definitely other options out there.
with all respect
LOL

I flashed the leaked PR1.3 for N950. Works great for me, I see much improved battery life, but probably because I had so much crap on it before. The screen colors seem better, but again, maybe because I had background wallpaper hacks and such. The only thing I lost were installed apps and alarms, the rest of my data seems intact

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
ok, can someone just share the leaked PR1.3 here already? Appreciate a proper safe guidelines flashing PR1.3 to N950

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by tonberry View Post
ok, can someone just share the leaked PR1.3 here already? Appreciate a proper safe guidelines flashing PR1.3 to N950
Hi Friend,

It's quite easy to find it; as mentioned in previous posts you can find it in familiar torrent sites.

As for flashing, I have played around and can confirm that the flasher app that is used for the N9 is the same version that is included in the One-Click Flasher for the N950 (I have extracted the One-Click Flasher package, compared both versions, as well as actually flashed on both versions). Instructions and commands for flashing are also the same.

The PR 1.3 that you will find in torrent sites is only the "main" image file. The "mmc" image file, you can extract it from the One-Click Flasher for N950.

EDIT: sent you a PM by the way.

The latest officially-available One-click Flasher, i.e. PR 1.2 "Beta" (if you extract it via WInZip or 7zip) contains:

1. The PR 1.2 Beta "main" image file
2. The "mmc" image file
3. The Flasher command-line application (which is the same version as the Flasher application being used for the N9)
4. Nokia Connectivity Driver
5. A "flasher.bat" file (i.e. auto-executable/batch file/script to make the whole package "one-click").

If you open the flasher.bat file let's say via GEdit (for Linux/Ubuntu) or Notepad++, you will notice that the command used for the actual flashing procedure is:

Code:
flasher.exe -F img.bin -F emmc.bin -f --erase-mmc=secure
Basically it's the usual/same flasher command used for the N9, plus the option "f --erase-mmc=secure" which means (from the flasher manual): "erase user data, ARG is erase method (e.g. secure)."

To give you confidence, here's a screenshot...let me know if it does not resize to be viewable so I can correct as necessary.

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2012-09-10 at 08:33. Reason: Uploaded bigger-sized picture as per request

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Thanks again, perhaps can you link the image to imageshack or something so that the picture can be bigger while click on it

Thanks again, perhaps can you link the image to imageshack or something so that the picture can be bigger while click on it
Um, I can but...(and I'm sorry) I find it inconvenient for me. Anyway that screenshot is basically the exact same thing that you'll see if you run the flasher command-line application that is on the N9. I also realize that my screenshot doesn't prove the point that I'm using the extracted version of the flasher command-line app from the extracted One-click Flasher...unless I take a video of the whole process.

To put it simply, I can tell you that there are quite a few already who have flashed to PR 1.3 and I believe it's safe...and the flasher commands are the same.

EDIT: Edited image in previous post so that you can click it for a bigger image.

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2012-09-10 at 08:34.

Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
Um, I can but...(and I'm sorry) I find it inconvenient for me. Anyway that screenshot is basically the exact same thing that you'll see if you run the flasher command-line application that is on the N9. I also realize that my screenshot doesn't prove the point that I'm using the extracted version of the flasher command-line app from the extracted One-click Flasher...unless I take a video of the whole process.

To put it simply, I can tell you that there are quite a few already who have flashed to PR 1.3 and I believe it's safe...and the flasher commands are the same.

EDIT: Edited image in previous post so that you can click it for a bigger image.
So basically i can just get the image file from torrent site and open the winrar for PR1.2 beta OCF replace the image file, and i am good to go?

Last edited by tonberry; 2012-09-10 at 08:42.

So basically i can just get the image file from torrent site and open the winrar for PR1.2 beta OCF replace the image file, and i am good to go?
You got it, my friend.

EDIT: when replacing the original/old "img.bin" file make sure that you rename your newly-downloaded (PR 1.3) as "img.bin" too.

Hi,

I've tried to reflash my N950 with PR1.3. I downloaded firmware and OCF for PR1.2, run it, after it was extracted replaced img.bin with downloaded from torrents leaked file, switched off the phone (8+ seconds) and plugged it to the USB.

Here is the output:

flasher 3.12.1 (Oct 5 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may result
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

Suitable USB interface (bootloader/phonet) not found, waiting...

USB device found at bus 002, device address 039.
Device identifier: 357881040019244 (SN: N/A)
Found device RM-680, hardware revision 1124
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_3.2012.02-6_PR_RM680
Sending ape-algo image (7096 kB)...
100% (7096 of 7096 kB, avg. 6991 kB/s)
Suitable USB interface (phonet) not found, waiting...

And nothing further, what did I do wrong?