Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There is some sort of tuning in mtpaint config.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yes, I did that. I turned the volume all the way up to 11.

EDIT: I installed and ran the Bundyo Build of mtPaint, and the pressure stuff works a lot better, although there's no way, in either mtPaint, to calibrate the touchscreen. I think there are some X server problems going on here, between my Debian install and the Hildon desktop.

Last edited by qole; 2008-05-14 at 00:11. Reason: Bundyo's mtPaint works better

New build out!
Includes:
- Patch from Martin Renold (the Mypaint author), fix for "ghost lines".
"workaround attempt for devices that don't report motion events without pressure (bug #11557)"
- Built with -O3 and -mcpu=arm1136j-s -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp

Last edited by anders_gud; 2008-06-02 at 23:35.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
This is really such a great application, any chance of getting it into Extras?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ California
Originally Posted by anders_gud View Post
New build out!
Includes:

I would really like to use this app but even when using the latest, I get major problems with 'ghost lines'. Basically the program is unusable for me unless I can resolve this.

I did try:
- changing Radius > By Pressure (per earlier post)
- changing Opaque > By pressure (tried several settings)
- Using the drawwindow.py file offered by ArnimS

Of course, I have no idea what I am doing when changing the brush settings. Would be nice to have some idea, but did not find any info online about what these settings do.

Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated!

Staniam N800/Diablo

I just tried the application for the first time on my Nokia N810 (no protective screen). I experienced some ghost lines (with default settings), but otherwise it's a great app.

It would be really great if it was in Extras repository.

Originally Posted by anders_gud View Post
New build out!
Includes:
"workaround attempt for devices that don't report motion events without pressure (bug #11557)"
- Built with -O3 and -mcpu=arm1136j-s -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp
Well, in my case the "ghost lines" still appear even with the newest version you're referring to (0.5.0.1). About 3 months ago, Martin Renold claimed that the fix had been implemented in the 0.5.1 version but I couldn't find it anywhere yet. Is there link you can provide me with or is the Mypaint 0.5.1 still in the production phase?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Very interesting that vjoh should bump this thread; I just got a "new" N800, and one of the first things I did was install MyPaint. Wow! The new N800's pristine touchscreen has none of the difficulties of my other N800. It does get the ghost lines though; quite badly, in fact. I would agree that they're not fixed in the latest version available on Anders' website.

Installed it today. Wonderful.

I would like to contribute. I have been working on a ui design for use on an n810. I would love to contribute it and help you work to refine things. I've based the ui off alias sketchbook and colors (nintendo ds and iphone). simple clean and practical. Let me know...

Also.... I noticed the gost lines only appear when I lift the pen a reasonable distance off the tablet and then touch it in another location. Where when I lift it off slightly and keep it close and move to another location they dont happen. This may be known already but i got some catching up to do.