Calm down. All I am saying is: there are rules and there is politics.

Edit:
Voting per acclamation is better than no voting.

Last edited by sethkha; 2011-09-30 at 19:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to sethkha For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oh, if it was done by The Rules, then it's all OK then. The problems I mentioned (no mandate, no vote, no community participation) don't matter if you followed The Rules.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
This (no community participation) can happen also with voting. voting is also following "The Rules", so I don't see how it can magically motivate people. Motivated ones will help no matter if there was voting or not, and de-motivated would just sit in the corner no matter what.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 261 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Yes, and I didn't run for Council either.

Good luck to the newly self-appointed council. I really wish we could have elections again; it is tough being the supposed representatives of a community that didn't have an opportunity to vote for you. You can't really claim to have a mandate, and you're really only council members because nobody else bothered to nominate themselves.
Yup. And Maemo is better off as a community for it. Those who are involved now really care about the future of Maemo, many of the other council members, like yourself Qole, were only interested in rinding the bandwagon of a trendy device. That type of person makes a lousy council member.

All right, no cat-fights, please. I'm eagerly waiting for first roadmap by Council, with some "we need help with this, this, and that task".

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Estel,

i don't know how old you are (none of my business...), but if you are living in Poland and 30 or older, you may remember the soviets (council in Russian) from 20+ yrs ago.
back then, elections were a farce, to put it mildly; ppl HAD TO vote, for the candidate(s) designated by the party / council / whatever...
like it; not wasn't an option.

no matter how young you are, living in PL now, you will probably agree with Alan Dean Foster's definition of freedom (just chaos, with better lighting)...

on Maemo, the lighting isn't even that good, but nobody is going to deny that it is quite chaotic, right?
or deadly quiet, at best...

why is that?
because of the questions about the elections? nope
because of the lack of vision.
unfortunately, no matter how visionary the members of the council may be, they don't have any power to realise whatever vision they may have.
thus maybe the lack of interest in getting in the... soviet ¦-)

Tags
council, elections