Active Topics

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Wrong wording.
Correction to that sentence:

"Also, I have seen in general more 'trolling' and even personal attacks posted here from people previously involved in Sailfish community against Jolla company and employees."

I dont want any misunderstandings, so I will leave this here so that there will be no accusations of modifying posts to my like LOL.

And Yes, I will still be developing on Jolla and SailfishOS.
Going to be selfish and say that this is a good move as it'll mean more time focused on SailfishOS (been a long time since my n900 worked).

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
again and again .... better you dont leave insted be there set some things right and then LEAVE
better for now we use the offtopic sec or a personal pingo subsec where thease threads dont show in public or active topics atleast
we seriiously need to restructre the forum and its rules its being a mess lately
Personal insults threads posts are to be taken seriously
i believe there are still some determined members in this community /board

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wow. Not good for the community in any way. Best of luck on all of your endeavors. Just wished this was not the outcome.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
better you dont leave insted be there set some things right and then LEAVE
I just love how smart everyone is when someone else's effort/health/time/money is at stake. If you think it's so easy, why don't you get elected and set things right. I do not pretend to understand all the ins and outs of nieldk's decision, but at least I give him the credit and trust that he has not taken the decision lightly and that he has done all that he felt was in his powers to "set some things right".

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I just love how smart everyone is when someone else's effort/health/time/money is at stake. If you think it's so easy, why don't you get elected and set things right. I do not pretend to understand all the ins and outs of nieldk's decision, but at least I give him the credit and trust that he has not taken the decision lightly and that he has done all that he felt was in his powers to "set some things right".
nor do i understand what is on maybe my expression is wrong i wanted to say try to clear the mess for which current situation is and at best it can be handeld by him if he wishes or if he is intrested and then leave as i belive its a well thought decision in first post on his side
(your lines are not very diffrent and says it better that i failed to understand that way)

for credits he certianly is better than us

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, I listened to ALL of you. And I did join the IRC meeting.
Sorry to say this topic took all the available time.
Happy to say, I think it was needed.
Happy to say the good guys present convinced me the right way to go, is to stay and fight. Well not fight ;P but try to make that difference.

So, did my explosion help ?
I think so, I believe everyone got a chance to think about what is going on, and what the consequences could be.

I really hate being the devils advocate, and playing cards, but I think sometimes that is what it takes.

Now, EVERYONE stay active, stop the fights between each other and also between device manufacturers. Lets make this work for once.

Its been tried for a long time now, since Nokia left us behind, lets prove them that this will not die.

Amd Joerg.
I have deep respect for You, but you seem to not get this. Noone wants to harm this community. We want to enable the continuation for a foreseeable future, without (obviously) the support from Nokia and others. And moving on to a regular, legal entity (or rather movinf FROM the limitations of whar was already established, to a European based one) greatly improves our chance of survival in many ways.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Are you in or are you out?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
He is in laddie, in!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
He is in laddie, in!
Then...welcome back! Or maybe you never left. Now I'm confused. Either way it's good news. Victory!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-09-03 at 22:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Thanks! I am trying to get Nokia N900 out of the box. It has new screen (not scratched! old "glass" was shedding small bits and pieces every time it was touched), now, and new screws, so it looks like new... If you ignore green rust-like stains on electromagnetic shielding...
But, the USB port remains broken. And battery charger did not survive such frequent usage: its wires fell apart. Maybe, it requires very simple soldering, but I do not have the tools to repair it. Maybe, a week later...
And a child wishes to use it for drawing. And the potential user knows how to use stylus, so I definitely need a screen protector which will be difficult to take off. Even better, armour. Like [post postid=418660]this one[/post].
An interesting question will be said person's computer literacy. Having taken battery and SIM card out of two other phones (multiple times) and put it back, the researcher will have no reason to not do the same to N900.
And backuping-updating the N900 device without a USB port in sight is the first challenge to be overcome.
Still, I am hoping that soon my N900 will not be gathering dust anymore.
Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
board, council, fights, mc ev