Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Elop tells Android phone manufacturers to be scared!!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...77G0TQ20110817

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Everytime he opens his fuking mouth he proves he still at Microsoft. Now he is pissing in hisl paint cause he is affraid Androids help to kill WP.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Motorola still has to bid to be the next Nexus phone, just like everybody else. Nothing new or favorable for Motorola Mobility in that area.

The FUD is high on this one. And I totally dislike that term... but it fits.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post

Hahaha! I love this quote...
"If I happened to be someone who was an Android manufacturer or an operator, or anyone with a stake in that environment, I would be picking up my phone and calling certain executives at Google and say 'I see signs of danger ahead,'" Nokia Chief Executive Stephen Elop told a Helsinki seminar.

If I happened to be someone who was a Maemo developer or customer, or anyone with a stake in that environment, I would be picking up my phone and calling certain OTHER executives at Nokia and say 'I see signs of danger ahead,' after ex-Microsoft Business Division executive in charge of the Kin project Stephen Elop was hired on as the new Nokia Chief Executive.

I suspect I had more weight with my warning and still do.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post

BULLSH|T!

There, I called it.

Last edited by olighak; 2011-08-17 at 23:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
"Elop says that his strategy was validated by Google Takeover! "

I did not read those words in the article, but heck! It may as well be true because it's not like Nokia actually have a WinNo phone on sale to back up his strategy.

Not that anyone want one :P

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Elop isn't with Microsoft, he's just the typical type of person who makes it up the corporate ladder - narrow minded, incapable of seeing past their biases, and generally not very intelligent. (Not necessarily stupud, just not that smart either.) He went with Windows Phone 7 because deep down inside that's what his brain knows and understands.

And he dropped MeeGo because he blamed the slowness in development of that on it being MeeGo and made in-house, not on flaws of the internal beaurocracy, where that blame probably lay (given that Harmattan MeeGo didn't take too long to pop out of Nokia's woodwork shortly after all the layoff sprees). Again something people do when they are face with things that aren't part of their status quo - when people see problems in something they know/understand/approve-of they blame the circumstances/people involved, when they see problems in something they don't know/understand/approve-of, they blame the something in question.

But as much as I don't like to defend Elop, the Kin is an unjust criticism - the Kin was largely strangled from within by Microsoft coorporate politics by the guy who headed the more main-line Window Mobile division, based on what I've read.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Elop isn't with Microsoft, he's just the typical type of person who makes it up the corporate ladder - narrow minded, incapable of seeing past their biases, and generally not very intelligent. (Not necessarily stupud, just not that smart either.) He went with Windows Phone 7 because deep down inside that's what his brain knows and understands.

And he dropped MeeGo because he blamed the slowness in development of that on it being MeeGo and made in-house, not on flaws of the internal bureaucracy, where that blame probably lay (given that Harmattan MeeGo didn't take too long to pop out of Nokia's woodwork shortly after all the layoff sprees). Again something people do when they are face with things that aren't part of their status quo - when people see problems in something they know/understand/approve-of they blame the circumstances/people involved, when they see problems in something they don't know/understand/approve-of, they blame the something in question.

But as much as I don't like to defend Elop, the Kin is an unjust criticism - the Kin was largely strangled from within by Microsoft corporate politics by the guy who headed the more main-line Window Mobile division, based on what I've read.
Isn't it ironic, then, that Maemo/MeeGo and Symbian were largely strangled from within by that very same Microsoft corporate guy who had that experience? I'm just saying--it seems to me that Elop is a very difficult person to defend and, as someone else said more eloquently, every time he opens his mouth he places more evidence into existence to prove that he's probably clinically stupid.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
My gut keeps telling me that this clown will soon be back in his old office.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Isn't it ironic, then, that Maemo/MeeGo and Symbian were largely strangled from within by that very same Microsoft corporate guy who had that experience? I'm just saying--it seems to me that Elop is a very difficult person to defend and, as someone else said more eloquently, every time he opens his mouth he places more evidence into existence to prove that he's probably clinically stupid.
Exactly. Nokia have spent millions (maybe even billions) on making something like Symbian Belle, which isn't even released yet, and Elop officially trashes it. WTF! Symbian sells more phones in one hour than WP7 sells in a month! It just doesn't make any sense killing your cash cow before you have a new (better) one.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
scaredy cat, the elop flop