Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Google shopping - price low to high for the n900.

http://www.google.com/products?q=002...l=en&scoring=p

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
Does that mean all retailers will get them at the same time? I went to MobileCityOnline.com for lower price and no state tax. Or does nokia typically give them to their own store prior to other retailers?

Heads up for US customers, the Nokia Blog has received word that retailers will be receiving shipments on September 27.

http://thenokiablog.com/2009/09/14/n...eptember-27th/

Should be interesting to see what actually happens since I've seen others mention that the release of the device was pushed backed to November (in the US anyways) .

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by BadMojoUT View Post

Should be interesting to see what actually happens since I've seen others mention that the release of the device was pushed backed to November (in the US anyways) .
Finland's 3rd largest network (DNA) gave their shipping date for N900 today and it's week 45 (a.k.a first week of November).

If it gets pushed back to November I may very well cancel my order. Nothing pisses me off more than a Definite launch date that isnt.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I just got off the phone with a Nokia on-line sales rep (they had adjusted the amount they charged for the order and I wanted to figure out why). She said that the planned ship date for the n900 would be some time mid-October.

Take it for what it's worth, but it sounds a little bit more definitive than the usual Nokia sales spiel concerning pre-orders (i.e., "they don't tell us the ship date on pre-orders until the shipping department is almost ready to ship").

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I just got off the phone with a Nokia on-line sales rep (they had adjusted the amount they charged for the order and I wanted to figure out why). She said that the planned ship date for the n900 would be some time mid-October.

Take it for what it's worth, but it sounds a little bit more definitive than the usual Nokia sales spiel concerning pre-orders (i.e., "they don't tell us the ship date on pre-orders until the shipping department is almost ready to ship").
Did you figure out why they adjusted the amount charged? They changed my order and charged me another $100.35

Originally Posted by mechmyday View Post
Did you figure out why they adjusted the amount charged? They changed my order and charged me another $100.35
Yeah, the upcharge amount was something similar for me.

The sales person claimed that this was a temporary charge, and that it would be adjusted again once it ships out. She never did explain the reasons behind it. It seems to me that it would make better sense for them to just make one single and final adjustment to the invoice (i.e., when it ships) instead of charging my card on three separate occasions.

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Yeah, the upcharge amount was something similar for me.

The sales person claimed that this was a temporary charge, and that it would be adjusted again once it ships out. She never did explain the reasons behind it. It seems to me that it would make better sense for them to just make one single and final adjustment to the invoice (i.e., when it ships) instead of charging my card on three separate occasions.
So are they taking that out of the 659+tax for the phone or are they adding that too the charge?

Originally Posted by AnimalMind View Post
So are they taking that out of the 659+tax for the phone or are they adding that too the charge?

The tax was included in the original charge, so I'm not sure where the additional charges are coming from.

Essentially, it looks like I was originally charged $659+estimated tax. That charge was removed from my account and a new charge appeared with the higher amount.