Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by jaark View Post
<talk about Ovi Maps>

Well, I've just had to buy a TomTom. Knowing my luck with such things, expect Sygic to be launched within a week.
Which Tom Tom did you get?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

sorry if its already been said but i cant find it: do we know yet if the maps will be always updated like nokia promised for ovi 3.0 (true? ive heard so) or we will have to buy an update every year or so like garmin devices? please im not saying that paying for the update would be unfair, dont beat me.

btw garmin let you buy the lifelong update option and its quite cheap, but my garmin device is quite old, and if it dies im ****ed with the update. so im just waiting for sygic to come out for decide what to do, it would be nice to have all in one device, too.

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Which Tom Tom did you get?
An 'XL Live' or something like that - has OTA camera and traffic updates etc and a nice big screen, the sort of thing I got used to with Wayfinder. It's got it's own cellular modem so there's no faffing about with bluetooth etc.

It's not their cheapest one but I expect the thing to last me a good while.

cardiff-blues,

My apologies if you've already answered this but is there a zoomed-in turn preview when you get close? In other words, something similar to what Garmin does (and probably TomTom as well but I've never really used them). The preview video that Sygic has doesn't seem to indicate one way or the other.

Still no release date ?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Still no release date ?
And I doubt that there ever will be This app was supposedly ready weeks ago and yet it is still not available to buy. Amazing and a shame for Sygic as developer need t be encouraged for the N900 and they produce a product only to be thwarted by the release process

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
maybe it's not sygic...maybe it's nokia....they claimed (on twitter) to have submitted the app to nokia already....

The Following User Says Thank You to azz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Well the lastes update includes a fix for paid for apps so who knows we may see Sygic sat nav soon

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Sorry to say, but Sygic folks; I had to buy a separate navigator unit. I couldn't wait any longer for the release that was promised to be weeks ago.

So one lost customer here _o/

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Sorry to say, but Sygic folks; I had to buy a separate navigator unit. I couldn't wait any longer for the release that was promised to be weeks ago.

So one lost customer here _o/
Sygic already said the delays are Nokia fault, and I don't doubt since until know Ovi Store is Beta and there is no paid application being launched... Also another app developers couldnt wait and set their own repositories...

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn