Posts: 103 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nashville, TN
I created a thread requesting the N900 be carried by t-mobile (usa) on their internal forums. Head over and leave a comment to show them there is interest.

http://forums.t-mobile.com/tmbl/boar...thread.id=1487

Just curious, but is there any better way to show them there is interest?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jsuggs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jsuggs View Post
I created a thread requesting the N900 be carried by t-mobile (usa) on their internal forums. Head over and leave a comment to show them there is interest.

http://forums.t-mobile.com/tmbl/boar...thread.id=1487

Just curious, but is there any better way to show them there is interest?
Commented!

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
We really need more people to comment on this TMo thread! Letting the market know we want the device would help alot, but unfortunately, we don't have many people responding...

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I posted this on the Symbian Freak boards as well. Let's hope for a decent response.

Someone already made a thread about the N900 but it isn't mentioned in the Title

http://forums.t-mobile.com/tmbl/boar...thread.id=1278.

ETA: maybe someone can get him to edit the title of his post so it's easier to find.

Last edited by QueenShawtii; 2009-09-15 at 17:29. Reason: ETA

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueenShawtii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I'm in..................
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
Great lines from the TMO Forums page:
------
Posted By: Bronzetank
------
I have heard the call of the smartphone and been tempted, oh so tempted to follow the siren's song to the iphone. But now there is hope...and I don't mean the android platform. While Android is doing its best to become competitive, we all know that the MyTouch doesn't really match up. And sure, there are about a million new Android phones coming out, but not one has shown anything new/better than the iphone. They are all still scrambling to catch up. No, the true competition is one that is not playing copy cat but blazing new paths and creating new paradigms.

The Nokia N900 is first and foremost an internet tablet, this is true. But it is also a phone, and has been built almost specifically for T-Mobile within the US market. Why is there any hesitation? T-Mobile pick up the ball! I'm not even asking for the mass market advertising that is being spent on the MyTouch (a phone for the flocks of sheep), just a subsidy and a phone worthy of using my upgrade on when I renew my 2 year contract. To tell you the truth, I think a lot of people would jump at this new device from all the internet buzz alone. This is a chance for T-Mobile to set itself apart as the premier provider of all things NOT IPHONE.

I've made up my mind. The N900 is showing us the future of what phones can become, the crossover between computer and phone. If T-Mobile is too blind to see this, then they don't deserve my business anymore.
------

Wouldn't you all be much better off demanding a reasonably priced SIM only contract rather than whining about how your favorite phone of the day hasn't been accepted by the overlords?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to livefreeordie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
If you guys are after the subsidy, why not finance it with credit cards? (there are still plenty of 0% interest offers to roll it around for the 1-2 years period, right??).

It'll end up cheaper, you get the unlocked version, and you keep your freedom of choice.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
Wouldn't you all be much better off demanding a reasonably priced SIM only contract rather than whining about how your favorite phone of the day hasn't been accepted by the overlords?
what do you think is more likely in the US:
A. Discounted Sim only contracts?
B. Nokia N900 Subsidized by TMO
C. Osama Bin Laden gets baptized and becomes a born-again-christian

I know where my money is OSSAMMMA!