Notices

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Mumai,India
Preenv has brought a whole new level of gaming to this phone,nice graphics and neat performance.I was wondering if any progress has been made in the compatibility department or has this project been sadly abandoned?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aditya_123412 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Yes, and it's also unfortunate that jflatt's patches for keyboard mapping or HD support never were merged with default branch.

Even worse, WebOS Game Manager is also abandoned with a lot of rough edges and games that could be added.

Preenv
WGM

Anyone willing to continue?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
I don't see much new software coming out for the Pre nowadays. There are still a few incompatibilities, and I've been meaning to get a hold of a Pre to see what the real hardware is doing, but time is short

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
jflatt, according to latest commits in Gitorious, it seems that your patched version of libSDLpre is only synced with preenv 0.16, is that correct?

I think it's up to date. I've got some things not committed, but I dont think it adds to the compatibility at all

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
And what is the reason for not merging your changes with official version?

Honestly, I think everyone uses the keymapping feature.

Just laziness really, there's a fairly large chunk of changes that need merged. I don't even know if javispedro has the time to package and push out new versions. This might just be my thinking, but things like rampant piracy has attracted the wrong crowd, and people have become discouraged with the project.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post: