hi,

I posted this long winded convoluted message below last night.

Basically I'm looking for somebody who is familiar with Qt, has some symbian devices and knows how to produce some unsigned sis files for me.

They would be for the full version and free version almost complete.

And if I win anything as part of the competition feel free to tell me what you would like for helping out! (not sure how to split an N8 if i did win one! but make an offer! anything!

Of course dont think ill win too much but sure if your not in you cant win.

I know this is a maemo forum but perhaps there is some maemo and symbian qt devs here somewhere...

Alas I think this will be my last N900 project. As much as I love the N900 and love Qt its obvious people love these things far more than Nokia do. Such a waste.

And dont get me started on the frustrating mess that is Smart Installer. Devs are being punished in ratings because Nokia passing the buck forcing devs to wrap thier apps in the flaky smart installer instead of making it a prerequisite for downloading from Ovi before ever downloading an app. So the devs get the blame for Nokias mess. Anyway I digress......

Is there anybody out there can help??.............

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d-for-Symbian&

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by toucan murphy View Post
hi,

I posted this long winded convoluted message below last night.

Basically I'm looking for somebody who is familiar with Qt, has some symbian devices and knows how to produce some unsigned sis files for me.

They would be for the full version and free version almost complete.

And if I win anything as part of the competition feel free to tell me what you would like for helping out! (not sure how to split an N8 if i did win one! but make an offer! anything!

Of course dont think ill win too much but sure if your not in you cant win.

I know this is a maemo forum but perhaps there is some maemo and symbian qt devs here somewhere...

Alas I think this will be my last N900 project. As much as I love the N900 and love Qt its obvious people love these things far more than Nokia do. Such a waste.

And dont get me started on the frustrating mess that is Smart Installer. Devs are being punished in ratings because Nokia passing the buck forcing devs to wrap thier apps in the flaky smart installer instead of making it a prerequisite for downloading from Ovi before ever downloading an app. So the devs get the blame for Nokias mess. Anyway I digress......

Is there anybody out there can help??.............

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d-for-Symbian&
I can help.
What do you need?
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Hi!

Cool. Basically I need you to compile my source using Qt Creator for the existing game as an unsigned sis for Symbian wrapped in the smart installer so I can submit it to OVI as required by Nokia so they can sign it for distribution. I know it sounds easy on paper but I just can't get it working.

And if you have any S1 or S3 devices to test it on that would be cool.

Also I have a cut down version of the same thing again needs signing.

Then before March 31st I will be complete the free version to promote the full version. At this stage I may have had chance to add couple of new features I would like to push back into the full version so again may need to upload an unsigned sis also at that point.

If ny bug fixes are required after that I again may need to upload again to resubmit changes. Hopefully there wont be too many!

But each time it would be the same thing, compile the source into an unsigned sis that I can upload to OVI store....thats pretty much all im looking for besides maybe just couple quick initial tests to make sure it works ok on Sym devices...

Still interested? What kind of deal would you like from your side?....

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
<Mini me>One meeeleeyun dollahs!</Mini me>

But seriously: I have already entered that competition by compiling qgvdial with the Nokia Qt SDK beta 1.1. Have you tried it out?

Point me to your code and I'll compile it.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
<Mini me>One meeeleeyun dollahs!</Mini me>

But seriously: I have already entered that competition by compiling qgvdial with the Nokia Qt SDK beta 1.1. Have you tried it out?

Point me to your code and I'll compile it.
hi thanks for helping me out... yes i have tried the beta sdk 1.1 it what i use on my main computer working on the project. but somehow somewhere its gotten mixed up and wont compile the unsigned sis for me...