Notices

I've lost a call today because both (red and green) buttons just disappeared... The screen was locked and i didn't know what to do in order to pick up the call... it was hilarious because i was driving, the phone was ringing and i really didn't want to lost that call but i wasn't able to unlock the screen Sadly i'm still on on version 0.1 that i think isn't verbose enough . i'll update and report back any abnormalities. Thank you.

Sorry for that but it's still in testing state. Button dissapers but number was visible? Is it happens in hildon-home or in normal window?

Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Sorry for that but it's still in testing state. Button dissapers but number was visible? Is it happens in hildon-home or in normal window?
Acttually, it happened only that time. The number was visible for sure because i knew that i should pick up that call. I will make more tests tomorow and report back. Thanks again and dont be sorry. I know its still beta
EDIT: i think i've managed to reproduce the bug:
- lock the screen
- let the light sensor covered (e.g. in pocket)
- wait for a call
- phone rings
- pick the phone in landscape position
- rotate to portrait
- the buttons are gone
Just another note:
If you start qslideanswer from terminal it works flowlessly. Than i reboot and the bug was there again.

Last edited by saponga; 2014-06-04 at 18:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Installed 0.2, when reset and run from command line it first seems to load an incomplete contacts list, not all names are listed and many names which do have attached phone numbers instead have an entry like this
while others are
even though Some Dude has a phone number or several listed in my contacts list. In fact reviewing the list it seems that any contact with both a home and mobile number listed gets the empty phone number DB error.
Thanks for the great app and I hope this input helps, let me know if I can do more.
(Edit) the person who calls frequently revealing the bug has several contact numbers in Contacts, she pops up Somebody on qslideanswer and the console shows the phone number pop up but she doesn't even show up in the contacts that do load into the app, her name doesnt load so no way to link to her phone number when it comes up.

Last edited by biketool; 2014-06-05 at 07:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Rotation bug should be fixed now.

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
(snip)
sudo stop qslideanswer
/opt/qslideanswer/qslideanswer
OK, 0.3 is installed and now the database on startup is all correct including multi number contacts, and it gives a contact name when it receives a call from a multi number contact.
Thanks, this is brilliant, one of the most useful upgrades for my N900. We say it is a computer with phone functionality but we all still use it as our phone. This app makes sure we can actually answer even if we have bogged the system with computer stuff.
I was just thinking today when I got a no name call from contacts that I hoped we would see this update soon.

Last edited by biketool; 2014-06-24 at 14:38.

I think this is ready for repos, can someone with a dev account drop the source into the builder?

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I think this is ready for repos, can someone with a dev account drop the source into the builder?
If the dev says so, I can do it.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
The qtslideanswer interface pops up in under a second and making answer or reject available for use even with the phone locked, microb loading a heavy website, calendar, sygic mobile maps, and the upgrade manager running to bog the system down.
Wow. This and other similar responses make me believe I do something seriously wrong but my experience is quite different. I normally have Hamster Filer, a terminal window and about 4 Leafpad instances open at any time, day or night. Sometimes a browser window or two. And the keyboard open.

Suddenly the phone rings. 5 times out of 10, it takes so long for Phone UI to pop up that it stops ringing and I miss the call.

Does QSlideAnswer help? No! In some cases, it makes it even worse. Especially when the keyboard is open. It competes with Phone UI and I can see the screen flipping between the two. Eventually, even if QSlideAnswer wins, answering by sliding is so confusing compared to a simple button press that inevitably end up missing the call again.

In addition, the name thatm shows up seems rather random. In about 7 cases out of 10, my daughter's name shows up. She is 6 and does not have a phone number. I keep her in Contacts for the birthday reminders. The funny thing is that her name does not show up only for incoming calls with hidden numbers, but seemingly randomly for any incoming calls.

Consequently, I regret to say that I ended up uninstaling the app. I still miss some incoming calls but at least I do not get the confusion with how to answer them and with the names.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
(snip)my experience is quite different.(snip)
I am curious are you using stock swap settings and some overclock?
I have OC up to 900Mhz and swappolube proposed settings, I have custom swap or use my SD card for big I/O but otherwise the above.

Tags
extras-devel, qslideanswer