Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Hey guys,

Tried to test my app after updating it and qt creator refused to connect to Jolla. After more attempts I just turned off the developer mode and tried to turn it back on but it won't re-enable.

When I try to turn it back on loading bar comes on for few minutes and then I get a message "could not install jolla-developer-mode"

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Athens
last three times it happened to me, only reset helped.
No help from zendesk worked.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you can install some terminal from openrepos and check what happens

hmm do you think this might cause issues installing updates?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
what you asking about? i don't understand you.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
what you asking about? i don't understand you.
I was looking at together jolla forums and few people who had the developer mode issue also had issues when it came to updates with their jolla not being to update.

Seems like quite a few have had issues with developer mode but there is no one answer. Some say to reset the phone but other say that it doesn't always help.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Argentina
In my case OS updates and even Application updates came in without any issue. But developer mode kept on failing.
Reset was the solution for me. And after that I never disabled developer mode again. Hope it helps!!!

Thanks snowman

have jolla fixed the issue when you reset and device goes back to very first version and you have to go through all the updates again?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Thanks snowman

have jolla fixed the issue when you reset and device goes back to very first version and you have to go through all the updates again?
You don't have to go through all updates, but you have to pass two or three milestones which are not skipped by intention because they introduced changes in the update process.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
I have a similar issue, except that I'm using Sailfish 2.0.4.13 on a OnePlus One, and I turned off developer mode to troubleshoot a network issue and when I attempt to re-enable it it says: 'Developer Mode requires a Jolla account'.

I have a Jolla account, but can't use it on my One since it's a community port and that's just dirty. So if I try to add the account I get an IMEI not saved error.

Trying fingerterm from openrepos, developer mode is quite gone. Command 'devel-su' gets a 'command not found' error

But I'd had developer mode enabled. Can I get it back short of a reflash? Ideas?