I am wondering if KDE apps are going to run on Meego or if they could be made to run on it.

Meego is based on Qt. KDE is based on Qt. Do KDE apps (amarok, etc) need KDE or just Qt ? If they need KDE, would it be possible to build KDE for Meego and then run KDE apps ?

Thanks

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
I am wondering if KDE apps are going to run on Meego or if they could be made to run on it.

Meego is based on Qt. KDE is based on Qt. Do KDE apps (amarok, etc) need KDE or just Qt ? If they need KDE, would it be possible to build KDE for Meego and then run KDE apps ?

Thanks
one way or another
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
KDE apps generally need KDE, which in turn requires Qt. So at least kdelibs will need to be ported

KDE is preparing its mobile version with cut down kdelibs, plasma etc. I suppose most of KDE apps will be able to run on MeeGo in 12-18 months.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hannover, Germany
Of course most kde apps have also to change GUI and strip down features for small devices. While the plasma widget system may be ready for very small form factor devices the apps are not ready.
In the future kde plasma mobile can be an alternative to the then running meego system.

http://www.notmart.org/index.php/Sof...mobile_Tokamak

Bye Thorsten, who hopes for KDEs akonadi (advanced personal data caching based on IMAP) support for mail, bookmarks, ... for Maemo/Meego

This is exactly what I am looking for. Give me this for Fedora and make the rest of the OS stable and open and I'll buy 5 of these phones. And 2 or 3 tablets running Meego too.

http://openattitude.com/2010/03/19/e...-for-the-n900/

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Akademy 2010 folks are looking for presentations (deadline in April). I'm thinking a talk on Qt + KDE + MeeGo might have some interest. Who would be interested in collaborating with me on such a thing?

I have no time to work on anything, but you certainly have my vote for doing it.

Tags
kde, meego