I think I am in deep #&$^

I was using my 770 on the toilet (something I will never do again) and I accidentally dropped it inside. It was ON! I pulled out the 770 immediately and I pulled out the battery and put it back in to see if anything happened, and I saw the Nokia loading screen with water under it. Then, the screen went dim and then I saw a green word saying TEST under it. It hung on the loading screen. I pulled out the battery and tried it a few times but it still didn't work. I left the battery in for 15 minutes, and then I did some research and I was meant to pull it out as soon as possible. It's been about 30 minutes now and I blow dried it and left it out to dry.

Now I tried it and there is a bit less water under the screen and it still hangs on the loading screen but there is no green "test". I really regret this because my mum loves playing mahjong on it and my parents will kill me! I really want to know if it's too late for the nokia 770 or if there is something to be done!

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Well, this link provides some hints:
http://www.google.es/search?q=recove...ed+electronics
Folks, if you use your tablet on the toilet, do so leaning forward: this way if it slips it will fall on the floor instead of falling in your poo....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Well, the smell is the least of my concern. I fear that the 770 is slowly dying (sorry if I make it sound as if it were a person). Soon it may leave us. Now I turn it on, it turns on for a few seconds and then turns black. I'm calling my mum even before she comes home

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Just let it dry a little longer. It may take a day to dry. Then it depends on your luck

First and worst error to do when some battery powered device ends up in water: put the batteries in to see if it works
Never do that, the best thing to do is remove the batteries and leave the device to slowly dry for 24-48 hours

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JustNick For This Useful Post:
Okay, so there is hope. I hope that the hope is bigger than it seems.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tuahaa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by JustNick View Post
First and worst error to do when some battery powered device ends up in water: put the batteries in to see if it works
Never do that, the best thing to do is remove the batteries and leave the device to slowly dry for 24-48 hours
You can also try using a blow dryer, blowing just air (not hot) to help the process. I've also heard of brave folks putting devices in the over at the lowest temperature for a few minutes (I'm not suggesting this!).

Tim

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
You might try burying the tablet in a bowl of uncooked rice. Rice soaks up moisture quite well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
I have success with water logged cell phones by warming them in an oven at low temp.

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
You can also try using a blow dryer, blowing just air (not hot) to help the process. I've also heard of brave folks putting devices in the over at the lowest temperature for a few minutes (I'm not suggesting this!).

Tim
The 770 has an almost sealed enclosure, so the blowdryer won't be of any use if he doesn't disassemble his tablet...

And let the oven cook biscuits, applepies and turkeys instead of electronic devices