Active Topics

I downloaded the "Extension Editor", but there is the option of Brazil, and it can not import the POI into the wayfinder. I made sure all the procedure above, but does not work.

How resolve this?

I do not leave, I'm using the version of 7 days

Are you saying EE will convert and create the file, but wayfinder won't read it?
Have you tried using the US setting in EE?

The CVS text file should look like this:

-149.88789,61.21743,"BoA ATM - Anchorage 5th Ave Mall - 320 W 5th Ave","320 W 5th Ave"
-124.41515,43.11316,"BoA ATM - Bandon - 1110 Oregon Ave Sw","1110 Oregon Ave Sw"
-124.38527,47.94635,"BoA ATM - Forks - 481 S Forks Ave","481 S Forks Ave"
-124.23368,43.40642,"BoA ATM - North Bend - 1611 Virginia Ave","1611 Virginia Ave"
-124.2162,43.36661,"BoA ATM - Coos Bay - 245 S Fourth St","245 S Fourth St"
-124.1976,41.75175,"BoA ATM - Crescent City - 240 H St","240 H St"
-124.1875,40.77896,"BoA ATM - Bayshore Mall - 3300 Broadway","3300 Broadway"

The only commas included separate the columns.

The Following User Says Thank You to sirfelix For This Useful Post:
I can convert to the format of the wayfinder with EE. The problem is that it does not matter (some put the folder, but when I open the program nothing happens). Thought that the problem would be the "Target Product" should I choose my country, but the list does not exist in Brazil, and my map is in Brazil. It must be because of this configuration it does not matter.

I want to know any way to resolve. Because neither the company updates the program.

Read carefully the instuctions PDF file that comes with EE.
2 things to check:

1. The version of your mapping software has to be above a certain number.

2. There is a manual way of installation. If the folders or files are not being read correctly, you can bypass automatic installation.

Other then the version number issue, country should not be a concern.

What device are you using?

I am using version 337.

I tried using the / raw (mapdata \ poi) with the / raw (mapdata \ extensions).

Neither method worked.

I am using the license for 7 days, will be that this is the problem?

Could I send a file. NCE or the other 3 (already installed) you have tested to see if my work?
ruda@ruda.com.br

I tested the NCE file you sent me and normally I would send you a private message, but I discovered something interesting that I thought should be posted.

I'm running Map App Ver 2.2.8.604 with a US West Coast map.
The file you sent me is called "radar30.nce".
This is what I did:
Created an "extensions" folder inside the "map" folder.
Created an "installed" folder inside the "extensions" folder.

Gathered a few NCE files:
maxstops.nce
radar30.nce
radar31.nce (copy of radar30)
radar32.nce (copy of radar30)

Placed these files in the "extensions" folder.
Ran Map App and all files asked if I wanted them installed and I said yes.

Here is the interesting part:
Only maxstops and radar30 POIs were loaded. Even though radar31 and radar32 appears in the "installed" folder they do not appear in the "mapdata/poi" folder.
This means that the file's identity is imbedded inside the NCE file and the App does not use the filename. Radar31 and Radar32 were most likely installed right on top of the original Radar30, but retains the imbedded identity. This info could be useful when troubleshooting.

Other then that interesting observation, the radar30 file loaded just fine. Keep in mind that since I'm using the US map I cannot check Brazilian POIs.

The Following User Says Thank You to sirfelix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by rudacunha View Post
Could I send a file. NCE or the other 3 (already installed) you have tested to see if my work?
ruda@ruda.com.br
Can you archive them as a ZIP or RAR file an attach them to a post then we can all check them out.

If you don't have an archive program I believe you can simply change the NCE extension to ZIP and the forum software will allow you to attach the file. Just indicate that in your post so we know to change it back to NCE.

My first post... I hope someone can help. I tried out the Navicore extension editor and tried out some csv>>nce files. They worked OK. But now I don't know how to get rid of these trial POIs.

I tried to erase the files from \maps\extensions\installed but the POIs are still there. Restarting or rebooting didn't do anything either. I'm not going to want to add anything if I can't get rid of them.

I was thinking on a lark of writing a script to convert a GPX to nce and using the alarms as a real crude navigation method. But, if I can't make them go away...

Thanks!!

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by aagps View Post
My first post... I hope someone can help. I tried out the Navicore extension editor and tried out some csv>>nce files. They worked OK. But now I don't know how to get rid of these trial POIs.

I tried to erase the files from \maps\extensions\installed but the POIs are still there. Restarting or rebooting didn't do anything either. I'm not going to want to add anything if I can't get rid of them.

I was thinking on a lark of writing a script to convert a GPX to nce and using the alarms as a real crude navigation method. But, if I can't make them go away...

Thanks!!
Try looking in map\mapdata\poi and then delete the folder named for the POI you want removed.

EDIT: Welcome aboard aagps

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:

Tags
wayfinder