Posts: 86 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Turkey
hi guys.

i have a "little" problem the tail - i came from work and as usually i throw my n9 to my bed from the door where i was staing so in this time my n9 just touched to bed and fall to floor - yea very stupid,but i want you to know "how". So after this my n9 display is black,no light as it off but i checked and find that touch screen is working fine, as i know where my icons and other functional places,i checked it and it working 100%,for example i called and hanged it up or i'm typing numbers on telephone, but as i said the display is off,black,no light. so the question is - is there anyway to repair this or there is no way and just one way is to buy new touch screen digitizer lcd display ?

thanks for your answers.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
As far as i know touch screen and digitizer are one part . They can't be seperated .

Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
As far as i know touch screen and digitizer are one part . They can't be seperated .
yeap,i know it that too, but as i said touch screen working but screen is black i donna know, if this can be solve, may be my n9 no have seriosly problems and it can be repair and in this case it will be not good if im ignore this buy new display which costs at least 80-90$ So who haw any experiencies in this, im waiting your posts,please sos

PS: may be i'll do some video of how i use my n9 touch screen and it working instead of lighting off.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I think it's a proximity issue.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
How so? A proximity sensor turning off the screen but allowing the touch to work? Would it not be a bad idea?

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
How so? A proximity sensor turning off the screen but allowing the touch to work? Would it not be a bad idea?
in my case its not proximity, but yes proximity sensor LOCKs (its not turning off) the screen,example the double tab is working (not only in my case,as we know in N9 we can double tap to unlock screen).so in N9 proximity sensor not turning off but locks the screen,so that the screen in working place,touch ofcourse works

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
yea i also heard a lot of times about issues accorded to proximity sensor like in this thread [SOLVED] N9 Proximity Sensor - Failure to Reactivate Screen?, but i tried without proximity sensor (unpluged it like as discraibing here (LE55ONS) but not working. I'm strongly confident that its the problem of digitizer or the silicon cover inside of screen,something like that. when i solve it, i put here pics

Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
not at all. the digitizer cable units with silicon cover inside of screen - in theory it can be changed,but i'm afraid in practice 99% impossible as it very kind and hard work. but they are seperated. see the image,uploaded
Attached Images

Last edited by TonyUkuk; 2014-03-28 at 21:59.

Tags
digitizer, display problem, nokia n9, touch screen