Notices

Sure mame4all based on .037b5 will be smoother the .138 we have now, but I just found that SDLmame based on .135 is as smooth as mame4all !! I don't know why, even on my n900, the SDLmame was not smooth like this before, but it is now!

mame and SDLmame can be installed together through install/uninstall twice, I have succeed a longtime ago, and I didn't notice there is any different between the speed of tihs two app.

BUT now, after I flashed emmc and install the two, I found SDLmame is much smoother than mame, and more strange: when I start SDLmame with XT, it's as slow as mame, when I start it directly, it's smoother. and when I start with XT, it can use cheat, while directly not. How does it happen?? anyone give me an explain?

Originally Posted by fft750731 View Post
Sure mame4all based on .037b5 will be smoother the .138 we have now, but I just found that SDLmame based on .135 is as smooth as mame4all !! I don't know why, even on my n900, the SDLmame was not smooth like this before, but it is now!

mame and SDLmame can be installed together through install/uninstall twice, I have succeed a longtime ago, and I didn't notice there is any different between the speed of tihs two app.

BUT now, after I flashed emmc and install the two, I found SDLmame is much smoother than mame, and more strange: when I start SDLmame with XT, it's as slow as mame, when I start it directly, it's smoother. and when I start with XT, it can use cheat, while directly not. How does it happen?? anyone give me an explain?
How did you install both mame and sdlmame? Sdlmame doesn't want to install because mame is already installed. Could you please explain the installation process in more detail?

Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
How did you install both mame and sdlmame? Sdlmame doesn't want to install because mame is already installed. Could you please explain the installation process in more detail?
I've said that install/uninstall twice. The app asks you to uninstall another, you just do it, then install again, keep doing twice.
Attached Images

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Tucson, Arizona
Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
The thing with 0.121 is that hypersports came with its own run like hell cheat so i just added the 0.121.exe to the latest 0.137 build on the pc and it still worked with the cheat then i added a 0.123.dat cheat for track & field and an up to date cheat.zip for the 0.137 version. and both versions are maxxed up to the eyeballs with cheats.

The old hypersports (and i'm sure i have seen a track & field) run like hell cheat are a much better cheat to use than the new ones they are either just too slow or too fast.

To use these games properly on your phone you need the cheats there is no chance of getting decent speeds with the keyboard or even a wireless joypad.

Thanks for the new release i haven't had time to try it any major improvements?
I know this post is over two years old, and I'm sorry for digging up a zombie thread, but I'm desperate...

So badly I want to play Track & Field and Hyper Sports on MAME with the Left Shift Run Like Hell cheat. It went away from MAME, I have no idea why, and after googling and googling this is the only post I see that has some sort of solution.

Would you be so kind as to help me obtain the MAME and Cheat.dat I need to successfully use the left shift run like hell cheat, or point me in the right direction, or sympathize, or something?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

On mame 0.137 the only cheats you can have are the cheat.zip file ones that you insert into the same folder as the mame.exe BUT you have to edit the mame.ini file (in the same folder) and change the line cheat from 0 to 1 for it to work.

but you don't get the run like hell cheat you just get other various game cheats.

I haven't treid it on the n900 yet only the pc version of the same but i will try it soon

Edit

tried the same routine on the n900 but it doesn't seem to work i will give it another go tonight, but i will use the same files i used on the pc version.

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

Last edited by Bazza; 2012-09-13 at 13:49.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Tucson, Arizona
Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
On mame 0.137 the only cheats you can have are the cheat.zip file ones that you insert into the same folder as the mame.exe BUT you have to edit the mame.ini file (in the same folder) and change the line cheat from 0 to 1 for it to work.

but you don't get the run like hell cheat you just get other various game cheats.

I haven't treid it on the n900 yet only the pc version of the same but i will try it soon

Edit

tried the same routine on the n900 but it doesn't seem to work i will give it another go tonight, but i will use the same files i used on the pc version.
My apologies. I understood you were getting the run like hell cheat. That was so much better. Not too fast, not too slow. Damn I'd love to have that back...but I have found that the internet is not the wealth of information we've been lead to believe it is

But as i have said before if someone ported the 0.37 version of mame then we would have our run like hell cheat back but with a smoother game to boot.

it make sense.

someone out there must want a side project to take on board to tinker with.

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

Tags
arcade, emulator, game, maemo 5, mame, wip