Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Hong Kong
Lets just say I hate Nokia N9's OTA upgrade. I've had it when it was updated from Pr1.1 to 1.2. And now it's the old nightmare all over again.

After the upgrade, I saw broken images in the gallery and never-ending updating of the music library.

Typed in "top" in the Terminal and that evil tracker process ate 100% CPU and just wouldnt give up. And of course, after about 3 minutes, I had in my hand a really hot stick.

So apart from reset the device, here is what we can do and it works like a breeze:

Code:
devel-su
Code:
rootme
Code:
tracker-control -r
Reboot the phone and let tracker do a clean index. You will not lose any images or music files. But do a backup of contacts first, just in case. If you are using an MfE account to manage your contacts, disable the account first and then enable it back and do a full sync.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gunnsean For This Useful Post:
Sometimes my N9 also gets quite hot since PR 1.3, but did not know that this is a common issue. Battery life has also become worse. So I will try the reset method first for now and see if it helps. Thanks!

are the commands for solving the music play and gallery issue or does it also affect the heating?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by milanjakob View Post
are the commands for solving the music play and gallery issue or does it also affect the heating?
Both. Phone heats up because its getting on an infinite loop of indexing media files.