You could say the same for buy.com
You can't even order from them anymore.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
It's 609$ on Amazon US!!
Maybe that's sign that it's really coming soon.
I think it is. I noticed the same happened to the N86 NAM two months ago on Amazon.com.

It kept getting discounted until a few days before they started shipping them, and then the discounts went away for the first 2 weeks after release. Prices going up is a positive sign boys.

Why did Amazon increase their price !?!? ...

I better hang onto my $559 Amazon pre-order now .. :P

I get the same price on Newegg, and with the $50 MIR. Of course I'm paying $20 more since I chose next day shipping.

This is sad, I'm like pressing F5 every 5 minute for like 5 different web page that is checking on N900 info's.

Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
It's 609$ on Amazon US!!
Maybe that's sign that it's really coming soon.
Doubt it, still $559.99 with the rebate. They just raised the price $50, probably accounting for the rebate

I would rather buy it directly from Nokia's flagship store here in NYC when it will be available.

Amazon's pre-order price guarantee:
Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

Don't fret about the price hike Amazon pre-orderers! We'll all get it for $560 - $50 rebate

Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
Why did Amazon increase their price !?!? ...

I better hang onto my $559 Amazon pre-order now .. :P
I think it's because they're nearing launch. As I said before pre-order sale prices are just that. They're for pre-orders. After the device is sold the retailers will return price to whatever MSRP was suggested (E.g. $600+) and start discounts from there when they start lowering prices a few months from now.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I think it's because they're nearing launch. As I said before pre-order sale prices are just that. They're for pre-orders. After the device is sold the retailers will return price to whatever MSRP was suggested (E.g. $600+) and start discounts from there when they start lowering prices a few months from now.
They did the same thing with my E71. Special pre-order price, then once they devices were actually received by them they bumped it up to original MSRP for people who weren't lucky enough to do a pre-order.

Good news for us! I just hope they ship tomorrow so I get it on Friday, instead of having to wait till Monday because no Saturday delivery exists.

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Nokia Online Store in Finland will start delivering the N900 on friday. First customers should have their phones on monday.

This information is from Afterdawn (in Finnish only)

Cheers