Posts: 26 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Los Angeles
About 1 in 4 times I am losing email headers when I try to download the message bodies.

Is there any way to download the missing header again. I assume there is a log file somewhere but I'm not sure where it is.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
/home/user/.modest/inboxes/"account named dir"/journal

thats all iirc btw...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Is there any way to bring back the flashing LED when new mail arrives? I miss that from the earlier versions of Modest. I was using my Chinook partition yesterday and my N800's LED started flashing to tell me I had e-mail (actually, it was telling me that I had received e-mail since the last time I had used that partition, not that I had new mail, but anyway), and I thought, "what ever happened to the pretty flashing e-mail light?"

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
i suspect there is something hidden in gconf.

i had to go in there to find the "done charging" led setting...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Is there any way to bring back the flashing LED when new mail arrives?
My Modest still works that way.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Is there any way to bring back the flashing LED when new mail arrives? ... "what ever happened to the pretty flashing e-mail light?"
I have the same issue. No e-mail notifications. I've check both the auto-update setting in Modest, as well as the global e-mail notification in the Control Panel. No luck. The other LED notifications are working fine.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
i suspect there is something hidden in gconf.
Thanks for the suggestions tso, but I couldn't find anything in gconf either.
Code:
Nokia-N810-23-14:~# gconftool-2 --get /system/osso/dsm/leds/PatternCommunicationEmail
true
Perhaps there is another place in gconf I should be looking. For example, I am wondering what this is
Code:
Nokia-N810-23-14:~# gconftool-2 --get /apps/modest/alarm_id                          
Any new insight?

except that i cant see the /apps/modest/alarm_id on my N800, no...

still, it could be something specific to N810's, but then my N800 thinks it has a slide (complete with the random issues with using a bluetooth keyboard)...

Originally Posted by tso View Post
except that i cant see the /apps/modest/alarm_id on my N800, no...

still, it could be something specific to N810's, but then my N800 thinks it has a slide (complete with the random issues with using a bluetooth keyboard)...
Odd... It has something to do with the time interval for the auto update, as mine is set to 5 minutes (300 seconds).

Still no luck with any e-mail notifications. I even sucked it up and re-flashed to a clean slate. Then immediately upon configuring my IMAP account, did a test. Nothing

Still trying....

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by superbondbond View Post
Odd... It has something to do with the time interval for the auto update, as mine is set to 5 minutes (300 seconds).

Still no luck with any e-mail notifications. I even sucked it up and re-flashed to a clean slate. Then immediately upon configuring my IMAP account, did a test. Nothing

Still trying....
Sounds like #3542.

I've:
* Deleted ~/.modest
* Deleted /var/lib/gconf/..../modest
* Removed modest entries from /var/lib/alarmd/alarm_queue.xml

I've re-set up my account but not yet tried automatic updating. I can't think of anywhere else where something might be affecting it.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Sounds like #3542.
Huh? No it doesn't! "Unable to automatically send to GMail SMTP server" has nothing to do with a blinking LED (or any other notifications).

Tags
mail modest