There was once a time when the rain dance was said to provide that which was needed to survive - precious water for drinking and farming, now in the 21st century, we have a new dance for what we need to survive - battery power in our phones and n800s!

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...27851420080624

Well, if that same mechanism works for watches, it can work for a N800 I guess...

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I don't think the average tablet user moves enough for this to work.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
I could just see a bunch of double chins, thunder thighs and spare tires going away, with people trying to recharge their devices.... oh wait... nope, people will just be too lazy....

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Yeah.. the first thing I thought when I saw that article thread with the wind-up/solar flashlight and mobile phone charger was:

I wonder how hard it'd be to attach an electric motor to that wind-up handle. Just plug that thing in, and I don't have to wind-up anything!

And then I realized that that would completely defeat the purpose ;-) Though, I guess if you powered the motor from something like C cell and/or D cell batteries, that would at least give you a regular battery -> N810 device. But I bet there are other, better, ways to accomplish that.

i wonder if it would just charge if you went for a jog or something with it on your arm - i guess it would.... sooo the new n800 fitness plan....

step 1 - smash AC charger with hammer
step 2 - jog or you're battery dies

more likely than not though, there will be:
step 3 - sit in a corner and cry because you are too lazy to jog
step 4 - buy a new AC charger