Opera is definitly faster to load and scroll! The password manager is killer apps for me... The new icons for each opera open is great.

There are so many minor changes that i can say it s not the same things.

i love it

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
bradb: the "musgo" phantom network was from some of the multiplayer games (Doom, Battlegweled etc.) - since these haven't yet been ported (AFAIK), you won't get the phantom network back until you run them.

(Unless INDt fix it)

Cheers,

Andrew

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by fpp
I'm surprised that no one has reported on this issue yet : how is root access in this version ?
Given there's no X Term yet (AFAIK), it's difficult to test.

There are two options:
  1. It's enabled out of the box, through sudo
  2. It'll be trivial to enable by installing a setuid binary through the proper package manager.

HTH,

Andrew

I really have to say even if this beta is really "beta" the enhancments and addons, usability features are great.

For me the nokia was never really stable, opera went away sometimes mail openend or didn't depending on the weather and the angle i hold the tablet

So the Password saving and url completion get a big plus
also that possibility to arrange columns is great.

Goggle talk hmmmm google talk, i tried it it works really fine, the soundquality is ok on both sides and also the instant messaging works BUT
how many people do you know who use googletalk???
there isnt even a VoIp client fpr GoogleTalk available for linux.

So this is alittle problem for me, because i have a big skype buddylist but goggletalk seems for me being a hermit.
Probably there is a posibility to get the static skype package with qt compiled in running?? anyone tried, i cant at the moment becaus of missing xterm in the 2006 os

Just my few thougts about the update

Nice Weekend
Sebastian

MrNape : I think Tapioca is Google Talk compatible http://tapioca-voip.sourceforge.net/...ex.php/Tapioca

Anyway, I think that promoting Google Talk over Skype really worth the pain because it's an open protocol.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
I can confirm, re-flashing back to the previous version with flasher-2.0 in Linux works. See http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO_Fla...ImageWithLinux for details. The only step left out from the instructions is to make flasher-2.0 executable by chmod a+x flasher-2.0 before running it.

Only reason for flashing back is that I've just got my windscreen mount and I want to try out Maemo-mapper.

Last edited by 9a6or; 2006-06-10 at 11:29.

Originally Posted by bom
** Screen problem **
Updated to 2006 beta OS last night. Went through the wizards to make a phone and WAN connection. I was enjoying the experience but got a problem when I restored my backup to access my bookmarks. First thing I noticed was that my connections would not load. The 770 seemed confused between my old and new data. I rebooted and the screen developed a problem: grey vertical bar running through the G of the Google search box and streaking of all images. I tried rebooting, taking out the battery, recharging but no effect on the screen problem. I then tried to reflash the device, but the Windows update wizard stops after 10% and throws up a Code 3 error, invalid image. Anyone experienced this or any advice on what to do next? Thanks for your help.
Bom
You'll get no sympathy here. The rocket surgeons round these parts seem to think it's OK for a label 'beta' on a piece of software to mean you can't remove it. Me, I thought the non-beta flasing software should still be able to flash in the non-beta image and that only the software in question -- the new image -- was 'beta'.

Originally Posted by MrNape
there isnt even a VoIp client fpr GoogleTalk available for linux.
I've used Tapioca and the jingle cvs branch of psi to make and receive google talk calls perfectly.

Treo fans can now keep the phone in their backpacks.. OS2006 now pairs correctly.

I create a jabber user , someone can tell me how to connect msn ? thanks.