Notices

I dont have facebook xP

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
chat doesn't seem to automatically scroll to the latest chat dialouge.. have to manually scroll down. also, no notifications or sfx of new chat line is quite a hassle cause have to constantly ceck if there are new lines
Malaysian N900 user!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
such a long wait for an update but the new features are great. it can now be on par with the fb app of ios and android...
Such a long wait?

So Lord Cloudstrife, how much did you pay for this App again?

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by jpala16 View Post
Same here. It seems something that could be general for all. I don't know what the exact steps to reproduce the bug could be. Maybe shutting down the connection when Sociality is refreshing data?

I've also noticed another bug. I can (everybody, I suspect) delete the Chat icon, and the only access to it, I guess. Logging out and restarting the app brought it back.

Thanks for the update MAG, Except for that bug (and chat, that haven't achieved to chat actually, I set the chat user without the "@chat.facebook.com" thing ) everything is working very well. Nice work!
I think I found another bug: Facebook doesn't know that the chat lines friends send me do arrive to me. So, I have them as messages.
And there's a related bug: that new message (which actually is the chat conversation) arrives to Sociality as a Message notification, but it's not showing anywhere, so I have to go to Facebook via browser and check that message to clear Sociality's message notification (not an ordinary notification).

Maybe they're FB API's bugs, and not Sociality's.

EDIT: Another thing. It would be great to show an animated circle or something to show when the app is loading something. It's there on the News feed, but it's not when loading a photo and the comments, or comments for a status update (if I'm not wrong). Just in case you didn't think about that MAG. I expect you find this helpful to polish what already is a great application.

Last edited by jpala16; 2011-07-12 at 17:24.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Thank you so much for this update!

However, is there any way to reduce the memory usage? Sociality takes 20% of my whole RAM...

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Hi MohammagAG, just to summarize a few things that i have noticed so far:

- I'm getting an error when accepting friends.

- while running in the background i do not get sound notifications even with periodic update feature checked. I have to open the app to see the updates. Also the notifications don't show up like they used to (email/sms style) delete this one

- no sound notification for chat.

- chat doesn't automatically scroll to the latest chat dialogue.

suggestions(if possible):

- Implement "push" notifications instead of having to wait for the periodic updates.

Last edited by carlon; 2011-07-12 at 19:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to carlon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Sorry, no Google+ apps from me, for at least a month (have to be 18+ to join G+, which kinda makes it a fail imo).

Chat is obviously real time.
Noticed the no sound notification part, working on it.
You should still get email style notifications, check settings to see if GUI notifications are on, they're working fine for me.

Friend accepts/ignores were actually not tested, just implemented according to the API.

I have no idea how to do push notifications (doesn't it need a remote server?)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
I don't know if it's already mentioned, but my albums are shown in albums list (Photos) beside profile pictures from people I don't even know... intead of album 'cover picture' (don't know how it's called on english facebook)... weird, btw... ah, and I noticed that of chat not automatically scrolling.
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Such a long wait?

So Lord Cloudstrife, how much did you pay for this App again?
hey! it's a compliment ok?

i know you're trying to put a bad meaning on what i wrote...

i'm just like an anxious kid waiting for this update and then --- yipee!!! oh boy! oh boy! waaaaa!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to cloudstrife1ph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Thx a lot for the nice update MAG!

Added the feedback and bugs reported so far to the wiki.
Hope I didnīt miss anything relevant. Let me know if I did or feel free to update the wiki ;-)

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Tags
facebook, facebook client