Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Trübbach
it comes killall: smartsearch: no process killed?
what does this means?

Last edited by Sandro18; 2013-05-26 at 07:45.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on May 2013 @ southern germany
means that there was nothing to kill..
no smartsearch process was running at that time.

Hi guys! My N9 looks little bit confused. After long time i downloaded Battery Usage app again to see what my consumption looks like. First day in Idle consumption was about 5mA when i didn't use N9 and after listening to music it was about 18mA. I think, that's ok. But than, i tried how much will Power Saving Mode improve the N9's battery life. I turned it on 13h ago (in the evening, so i didn't use N9 all the time) and now it shows me, that Avg Idle consumption is 24mA!

So i just turned on even flight mode and I will let you know how it behaves.

But, don't you know why is Idle cons. higher with psm? PLEASE help me with this! Thanks!

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
How come this egregious failure hasn't gotten more attention, is it such a big nut to crack?

Last time this happened to me, I left the phone with around 70% battery at night and idle, something b0rked overnight and when someone called me first thing in the morning, the phone had 1% battery, was hot as roast chestnuts and immediately turned itself off. It then took several restarts to turn on properly and afterwards it claimed that it had 40% battery and ran for several hours. It's enough to want to buy an iPhone, at least that's reliable.

Have a script check if screen is idle, then check "top" every minute and if 10 consecutive times (presumaby for 10 minutes) the same process is at the top of the list, kill it - we know the main culprits (meegotouchhome, smartsearch, tracker, opera), kill only if one of those is found just to be sure.

I do not know the first thing about scripting and the Harmattan platform, if the status of the Standby Screen is exposed to the scripting layers, if analysing "top" output would work, what property (CPU time, CPU%) would work best, and more, but would something like this be so hard to do?

Heck, the recommended remedy for meegotouchhome going haywire is going to the App Screen and moving an icon (any icon) someplace else - can't an equivalent be done without gestures, like "touching" and then deleting a .desktop file somewhere?

I'd like to revive this thread,cause i'm experiencing very high battery drain.
Up to 200mA avg consumption.
i tried to use the code on the pages before,they didn't work.
if use "top" there are so many things which i don't understand…
the main problem is,i'm too stupid,to read the whole line in the terminal. i made some screenshots. Maybe someone can help me.
for example, what is meego-im-uiserver-remote theme?
Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Images

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ India
Yesterday i lost over 50% of battery overnight. Thanks to mcompositor. It was eating over 70% of CPU. Apps were taking around a minute to open. Killing it made everything normal.
Why does it eat so much CPU sometimes?