Notices

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
streamed videos sudenly started playing for me again, but i cant scrol trough them, when i try it just resets the video to the begining, obviously an isue with the server cutetube is streaming from, probably also the reason for not streaming to some people as it uses different servers based on client location or whatever else...

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
1.8.0 never* stops asking for a connection while starting it with an unfinished transfer.

Update: * just once for every video in the queue.

Last edited by int_ua; 2013-10-02 at 21:46.

Version 1.8.1:
as soon as i flag any of the option "720p" "480p" or "360p" into the play video options, i obtain the error:
"Video cannot be played"

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Version 1.8.1:
as soon as i flag any of the option "720p" "480p" or "360p" into the play video options, i obtain the error:
"Video cannot be played"
Version 1.8.0 and 1.8.1? where do you get these versions from store version is still 1.7.9

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Melbourne, Aus
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Version 1.8.0 and 1.8.1? where do you get these versions from store version is still 1.7.9
This if the N900 version thread, are you N900 user or N9? N9 is still on 1.7.9

The Following User Says Thank You to Greendts For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Version 1.8.1:
"Video cannot be played"
the same problem

Originally Posted by Greendts View Post
This if the N900 version thread, are you N900 user or N9? N9 is still on 1.7.9
Maemo version from here: (extras-devel)
http://maemo.org/packages/view/cutetube/

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
What is interesting, I could have sworn I had version 1.7.? (can't remember the last digit), but I am on CSSU-Thumb (i.e. Testing) and according to http://maemo.org/packages/view/cutetube/, 1.7.? has never been published in extras-testing.

There seems to be no way to revert to 1.7, all older versions have been purged from the repositories.
I may not understand what you mean but cssu-testing/thumb doesn't mean you get applications from the extras-testing repos.

I am guessing you have an old extras-devel version.

Yes, the older versions have been removed automatically by repo management. I don't think this will fix the "Video cannot be played issue" anyway.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I may not understand what you mean but cssu-testing/thumb doesn't mean you get applications from the extras-testing repos.
Sorry, I've made a typing shortcut, skipping a logical step or two. What I meant was no devel of any sort in my repos list, just extras-testing, community-testing and community-thumb.

I tried deleting the post as I realized it did not contribute anything useful but was not quick enough: someone picked it up

I am guessing you have an old extras-devel version.
Yeah, just can't remember how and when I got it. Oh well, never mind.

Yes, the older versions have been removed automatically by repo management. I don't think this will fix the "Video cannot be played issue" anyway.
Some packages keep two or even more previous versions. Is it a per-package config?

1.7.9 worked fine for me, so I was hoping to roll back to that to fix the "Video cannot be played" error.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Some packages keep two or even more previous versions. Is it a per-package config?

1.7.9 worked fine for me, so I was hoping to roll back to that to fix the "Video cannot be played" error.
What, you mean this ver 1.7.9? I found it by simple expedient of going to the packages page you posted earlier, scrolling a bit and following the relevant link. Had I been less confident it was going to be there I'd have hit ctrl-f and searched for 1.7.9

The versions listed in the releases box are simply the most recent versions in each repo.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2013-10-03 at 11:35.

Tags
youtube