Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Just lost my work and work mobile (=N9) since the company I worked for got bankruptcy this week :/ Glad I bought my Jolla in private.

And Btw. the person you replied just talk ********, the N9 community still alive:

* https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo#Nemo_Mobile
* http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90761
I'm sorry to here. Guess you have more time to troll here...why not allay for job @ jolla?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
My god, you went there.

iPhones don't belong on TMO, they belong on Apple forums. If you don't like your N9, why don't you just return it or sell it? It's not like you're obligated to keep it. Devs are in need of devices like the one you have, and if you don't want it, get rid of it. No need to bash it because you're comparing it to a flagship device of the No. 1 company in the world. Apple has:
  • More money and more resources
  • Only one phone brand (flagship)
  • A closed source OS

Don't compare MeeGo to iOS, the two are nothing alike.

Sorry if I sound rude, but you're seriously asking far too much from the community. The N9 is a much less hackable device, although it is somewhat hackable after openmode. If you prefer your N900, stick to that. New content comes out for it all the time, just as frequently as the N9.
Sorry don't try to compare apple as a company to nokia. Talking about devices specifically. From the way it's boxed (box size barely bigger than the phone , same in iphone) To the apps , it's pretty alike.

This community didn't do a ton as it did to n900 period. There isn't even a downloads section on maemo.org for maemo6. Perhaps if there was , it wouldn't be as abandoned.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by denizg View Post
Sorry don't try to compare apple as a company to nokia. Talking about devices specifically. From the way it's boxed (box size barely bigger than the phone , same in iphone) To the apps , it's pretty alike.

This community didn't do a ton as it did to n900 period. There isn't even a downloads section on maemo.org for maemo6. Perhaps if there was , it wouldn't be as abandoned.
If you don't like your N9, or this community then leave. Nobody's stopping you.

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by denizg View Post
You are correct, there is not a maemo 6 downloads section.
HOWEVER, there are TONS of applications that have been made or ported specifically for the N9. You have to TRY a little. Openrepos has a bevy of great programs. This board (though not collected), has thread after threat after thread filled with the amazing work of this community.
Just because you owned a N900 is the past does not give you the right to dismiss the N9 community as being lazy or unproductive. If it is not the phone for you, no problem. However, this community has made a forgotten platform viable several years after abandonment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I've donated the package costs to you, justadude. It's been a while now...
When are you going to send the package to CepiPerez?
We're all waiting....

Last edited by HtheB; 2014-04-15 at 12:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Cepi don't have a phone or what? I know the story but he still don't have a phone? Maybe he tricked you on the package costs...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-04-15 at 14:31.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Cepi don't have a phone or what? I know the story but he still don't have a phone? Maybe he tricked you on the package costs...
No, cepi still didn't receive the phone
It seems like justadude didn't sent the phone (yet)

I've payed the package costs directly to justadude.
He confirmed that he received the money

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Wasn't this incident months ago? Anyone know what'. Up with Cepi? How do you know where to send the phone. Cepi still a member?

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-04-15 at 15:45.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Wasn't this incident months ago? Anyone know what'. Up with Cepi? How do you know where to send the phone. Cepi still a member?
I think you didn't understand.
'justadude' was offering his phone. But he asked for the shipping costs. So I donated the shipping costs, so 'justadude' could send the phone to CepiPerez.

Yes, CepiPerez is still a member (I talk to him a lot, don't worry)

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
There is so much iDon't understand. But I'm always trying to learn...