Posts: 159 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Toronto
I have had my N900 for a month, and the earphones in the box are decent, but not that great.

Thinking of buying new ones, but would they sound good on the cell? Which ones are you guys using?

Also, no EQ sucks big time

Everytime you don't click on my blog, I kill a kitten

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Houston TX
My first post and a very valid thread indeed..The head phones have been a disappointment for me as well..have had the fone for about 2 weeks now and the lack of eq levels and volume levels are intimidating in nosiy backgrounds.ive ordered for an atomic bass headphones..hope they solve the on going problem

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Skull Candy buds. Love 'em.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
i'm sadly using the bose in ear mobile headset with a huge adapter that only gives me stereo . is there anyway to make the two compatible?

ultimate ears super.fi 5. amazing earphones if you want something a bit more expensive I've also got a set of etymotic er-6i, which are also very nice, and a bit cheaper than the UE.

koss porta pros..very comfortable and great sounding..

Etymotic ER-6's.

using the ones which came with n900.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by Abemelek View Post
i'm sadly using the bose in ear mobile headset with a huge adapter that only gives me stereo . is there anyway to make the two compatible?
I'm using the regular Bose in-ear headphones. They sound just fine but have too much wire for this application, and of course no microphone.

What do you mean "only" gives you stereo--isn't stereo the most you can get out of the jack on the N900.....or do you mean the microphone doesn't function?

What I'm hoping to get soon is the new Sony-Ericsson MW600 Bluetooth stereo FM radio headset as a replacement for my now-dead HBH-DS220. But the MW600 doesn't appear to be available for sale anywhere yet.

Cheers!

Brad

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
ultimate ears super.fi 5. amazing earphones if you want something a bit more expensive I've also got a set of etymotic er-6i, which are also very nice, and a bit cheaper than the UE.
I can concur that ER-6i's are great for the price, however the cords are quite thin and are prone to wind noise. The buds that they come with seal really well which is both a blessing and a curse, because any rubbing on the wire is loud by comparison.

Also the ER-6i's are wonderfully balanced and give very accurate reproduction, which I miss a lot.

I'm currently using old UE Studio 2's for the sole reason that they have replaceable wires. I've gone through shures, etymotics and other in-ear headphones and all needed to be replaced because of damaged wires.

If you're going to be using your headphones with your phone, and you're going to be using them a lot, then you might consider durability as a primary criteria for choosing. Unfortunately most reviews don't include that in their reviews of upper end headphone reviews.