Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Any chance we could meet up to make the trip?
If you're not familiar with Tampere and/or need a guide from the railway station I can come to the station to meet you.

And another thing. If there's people not willing to publicly announce that they're planning to join the meeting please PM or email me (You can pick up my email address from the related post to maemo-developer, -community and meego-dev). I'm planning to make a reservation for a table or two (or more) just be sure that there's seats for us.

I'm currenly on the other side of Finland and going back to Tampere in the beginning of next week so if there's no objections to the place I'll reserve table(s) for us on tuesday or wednesday.

The Following User Says Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
At least I want Texrat to be able to join so pre-reg is out so we'll have to do this a bit later. I propose 7PM since the registration closes then.
The more people who can join the better, but a lot of people will still be arriving earlier. I suggest anyone who's interested meet me when the registration starts, at 16:00, and we'll come up with something else to do while we wait for the later meeting.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jnwi View Post
The more people who can join the better, but a lot of people will still be arriving earlier. I suggest anyone who's interested meet me when the registration starts, at 16:00, and we'll come up with something else to do while we wait for the later meeting.
This sounds good to me. I was planning to show up pretty early anyway. We can do something during the registration and wait for the people arriving from longer distances.

If people get bored waiting for the 7pm meet, there's for example a spy museum next to the registration place. It's open until 6pm. I haven't actually been there but it's been on my todo list a long time.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Dunno about Tampere, but Helsinki would be fine almost any day for me.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Any chance we could meet up to make the trip?
Sure, I'm not sure yet which train I'll catch, but I'll leave from the central railway station(you've buses for 4€ from the airport to Rautatientori).

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Hey, let's get some contact info out there! If nothing else, for instant messaging

texrat at ovi dot com
texrat at gmail dot com
twitter.com/texrat

What is the exact date for this meeting? From what I understood, it is going to be exactly one day after I head off on holiday... along with all my N900-owning work mates...

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Sure, I'm not sure yet which train I'll catch, but I'll leave from the central railway station(you've buses for 4€ from the airport to Rautatientori).
Any idea yet? If I can't meet up with anyone at Rautatientori I'll just take a bus from Vantaa to Tampere.

Originally Posted by Jaco2k View Post
What is the exact date for this meeting? From what I understood, it is going to be exactly one day after I head off on holiday... along with all my N900-owning work mates...
Looks like the first is July 2. But many of us will have other opportunities! I'm in Tampere through the 9th.

If it is the 2nd of July then I am in - just let me know the time and place

...as to Plevna, their "pyttipännu" is epic! And so is the Plevan Böck beer. Yummy!