Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
It's always useful to check system logs when you get to this condition. Does anything suspicious show up when you try to start up an application and it fails?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
Well, if you have developer mode enabled you could try to open an app via terminal and look at the output...
Terminal is one of the apps that is not opening unfortunately. But I am going to leave it open to see if I can use it to launch an app.

Would it matter what app/program I try to run? Some give more indication what is going on`? To be honest don't know names of many programs to launch them from terminal, but have to check.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It's always useful to check system logs when you get to this condition. Does anything suspicious show up when you try to start up an application and it fails?
Nothing happens. I have the spinner launch indicator tweak enabled, and it does show the spinner, but absolutely nothing visual happens.

By logs you mean /var/logs/syslog ?

I can check and post that right after this happens next time. But myself I cannot understant anything from these

Ok, it happened again.

I can't even ssh to the device. So had to restart and only after that draw the logs.

I did now have the terminal open and when I try to:

Code:
/opt/joikuspot/joikuspot  

or

/usr/bin/grob
where these commands correct? I tried them before and they worked, but forgot to write them down, so hopefully I remembered corretly

they both give error
Code:
/bin/sh: can't fork
Will attach logs soon

Log can be found

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kjv3eot00vl2tj/syslog.old

It was around 07:06 when I tried to open applications and they were not opening again
Hopefully someone can help to solve this issue

Still need help with this.

Anyone?

I still help with this, anyone?

I need to bring my N9 back as my main phone for a while, since my Jolla has broken its vibrator

But I need to get my phone in working order since this "freezing" I describe still happens everyday at least ones.

Please help?