Cool, thank you! That's a great site, it clarifies a few things.
My Gallery was empty after a hard reset and I didn't check it after the reflash, but the white orchid was indeed there.
Minimos, the script is a good idea. If only I'd have a bit more free time for such things...

Hi guys!
Is there a way to identify if a N9 is a genuine white one or a black/cyan/magenta with a replacement housing? Or should I check with Nokia directly?
Also, can one figure out from the serial/imei if it is made in Finland or somewhere else? Usually do fakes come in an original (looking?) box with all accessories etc?

You can identify it using the product code. It is printed on the SIM tray (7 characters long, starts with 059). Or if the SIM tray has been changed, you can go into Settings -> About product and scan the data matrix. It contains the IMEI and product code. Once you have the product code, google it and you'll find which variant it is.

Whether it is made in Finland or China is printed also on the SIM tray and on the box (compare whether the IMEI on the sticker on the box matches that of the phone). Btw. the sticker on the box also states which color the phone is.

The fake N9s that I have seen don't even look like the real ones, neither the housing, nor the SW. And they come in a completely different box. So if the box and the SW seem original, then the only "fake" thing can be the changed housing.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ France
I am considering replacing the housing of my N9 (64 Go black). A small piece of plastic is broken between the jack plug and the cover for USB plug, and dust can go inside.

I'd like to change for a white housing, but I don't know how well it ages. Doesn't it become yellowish with time ? New white housing are shinny. Does it remain shinny after 1 year ?

I am a little disappointed with how the black housing aged. It is one of the first series of 64 Go N9 and I used the official soft cover most of the time, but the polycarbonate lost its original apperance now. It feels like it was polished, some areas are a litte less dark, and it feels less strong than when I bought it 2 years and a few months ago.

So, any feedback on the white housing after more than a year usage?

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Kazakhstan
I bought a white N9, and 2 years later it's still white. It's absolutely not yellow.
I never protect(ed) it. Always right in my pocket when it's not soaking beers up.

If you have an housing branded by Nokia you can go

Tags
dinosaur bones, much ado, unicorn