Active Topics

 



Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
gerbick's Avatar
Posts: 6,425 | Thanked: 13,846 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ undecided.
#4841
Wait... is that an endsormeans sighting!?

IT IS!
__________________
gerbick | iPhone 7 [ 128GB iOS 10.3 Beta ] | iPad Pro [ 128GB iOS 10.3 Beta ]
Former Maemo Council Member - 2015
 
mike727's Avatar
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Australia
#4842
Only just noticed; post Thanks!, are some form of currency. I didn't know my Thanks! counter was dropping when I clicked Thanks!

"My PRECIOUSss" :P
 
Posts: 1,458 | Thanked: 2,895 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
#4843
Should there be a countdown for Dave999's return?
 
mike727's Avatar
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Australia
#4844
"Ladies and Gentlemen, Place your bets!"
 
pichlo's Avatar
Community Council | Posts: 4,746 | Thanked: 14,039 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
#4845
Originally Posted by mike727 View Post
Only just noticed; post Thanks!, are some form of currency. I didn't know my Thanks! counter was dropping when I clicked Thanks!
Nonsense. I have just tried it just for the peace of mind. No such effect. Tanks given adjusts accordingly, thanks received stay static as expected.

Most likely a coincidence - someone retracted their thanks from one of your unrelated posts.
__________________
In particle accelerators atoms are indeed not only touching each others. But banging together in a massive explosive orgasm.
-- nieldk in a TMO post
 
Community Council | Posts: 3,974 | Thanked: 9,403 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
#4846
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Nonsense. I have just tried it just for the peace of mind. No such effect. Tanks given adjusts accordingly, thanks received stay static as expected.

Most likely a coincidence - someone retracted their thanks from one of your unrelated posts.
Exactly. If giving thanks would drop your gained thanks then I'd be way down there below zero
 
mike727's Avatar
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Australia
#4847
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Exactly. If giving thanks would drop your gained thanks then I'd be way down there below zero
I was thinking 'Total Thanks' was the overall amount of Thanks! received, while:
'Thanked' = 'Total Thanks' minus 'Thanks! given'



Or does 'Total Thanks' = Thanked + Thanks given ?

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
...... your unrelated posts.
"Why, I never!"

Last edited by mike727; 2017-03-22 at 22:01.
 
pichlo's Avatar
Community Council | Posts: 4,746 | Thanked: 14,039 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
#4848
Total Thanks = number of thanks given by you (as opposed to to you).
__________________
In particle accelerators atoms are indeed not only touching each others. But banging together in a massive explosive orgasm.
-- nieldk in a TMO post
 
endsormeans's Avatar
Posts: 1,905 | Thanked: 4,376 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Supa Natural Vancouver Island
#4849
Hahahaha...
Hiya Gerbic
yeah...
been pretty busy...
either working or setting up house ...
Bought a place ...a half acre on an island ..a few minutes from Nanaimo..
but it is much larger since it is two hills sloping down to meet ...with a vibrant fast flowing stream running through the middle of my property
...
Nothing but tall trees around too...nice view of the valley below...
little chalet with a studio off the huge deck...
Lovely...and quiet...
Big arts community here...
Almost everyone I met here has a farm too..
Looking forward to finishing the fencing around the property..and starting a decent garden again... some chickens...layers...I like fresh eggs...
I have a dam at the bottom of my property so the stream feeds the lake-let ...wild ducks seem to like the pool...wouldn't mind some domesticated ducks for the eggs...ducks are cool guys...
we have gaggles of turkeys that roam around from some of the neighboring farms...funny tasty looking B-tards ...
a couple of my closest neighbors have goats and llamas ..and every now and then I hear a donkey down the valley...haha...love it..
In the morning it is birds singing...and at night it is so beautifully dark the stars are nice and bright...lots of bats snacking on bugs..flitting around...and the noise from the big lake ...in the valley below....is deafening...I haven't heard such a noise since I was younger...
The frogs are so plentiful and loud it is ridiculous...

hm...actually here are some pics ...before I moved in and started working on the place....









and a last one from the last snowfall we had...
I would post more but I think it overkill on the pics.



So yeah been busy busy...
Some thing has always needed doing...chopping wood...fencing...unpacking ...reno work...
Moving sucks...sadly it has taken up a chunk of my maemo time..
But the upswing is ....it is bloody paradise.
__________________
Lurker since 2007, Member since 2013, Certifiable since 1972
Owner of : 1-n770 (in retirement),
3-n800's,
3-n810's,
5-n900's
-3 flawless
-1 loose usb (i don't muck with it & stress it , considering selling it, another can fix the loose usb)
-1 no telephony (perfect for permanent set-up as mini-pc with one of my monitors)
half a neo900 pre- "bought"....due for production any day now.


PIMP MY N8X0
Everything you need tightly explained in layman's terms ..in an easy to understand format.. and a video walkthrough to boot.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGS
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAY
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634

THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PRO
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567

AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTS
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325
 
Posts: 1,458 | Thanked: 2,895 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
#4850
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Hahahaha...
Hiya Gerbic
yeah...
been pretty busy...
either working or setting up house ...
Bought a place ...a half acre on an island ..a few minutes from Nanaimo..
but it is much larger since it is two hills sloping down to meet ...with a vibrant fast flowing stream running through the middle of my property
...
Nothing but tall trees around too...nice view of the valley below...
little chalet with a studio off the huge deck...
Lovely...and quiet...
Big arts community here...
Almost everyone I met here has a farm too..
Looking forward to finishing the fencing around the property..and starting a decent garden again... some chickens...layers...I like fresh eggs...
I have a dam at the bottom of my property so the stream feeds the lake-let ...wild ducks seem to like the pool...wouldn't mind some domesticated ducks for the eggs...ducks are cool guys...
we have gaggles of turkeys that roam around from some of the neighboring farms...funny tasty looking B-tards ...
a couple of my closest neighbors have goats and llamas ..and every now and then I hear a donkey down the valley...haha...love it..
In the morning it is birds singing...and at night it is so beautifully dark the stars are nice and bright...lots of bats snacking on bugs..flitting around...and the noise from the big lake ...in the valley below....is deafening...I haven't heard such a noise since I was younger...
The frogs are so plentiful and loud it is ridiculous...

hm...actually here are some pics ...before I moved in and started working on the place....

https://s3.amazonaws.com/iremlsimg/vireb/397331-17.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mrp-listings...34d42b489.jpeg

https://s28.postimg.org/erhh4emcd/IM...103_152321.jpg

https://s2.postimg.org/z4vue6nh5/IMG...103_152518.jpg

and a last one from the last snowfall we had...
I would post more but I think it overkill on the pics.

https://s15.postimg.org/acfmzuevv/IM...204_092550.jpg

So yeah been busy busy...
Some thing has always needed doing...chopping wood...fencing...unpacking ...reno work...
Moving sucks...sadly it has taken up a chunk of my maemo time..
But the upswing is ....it is bloody paradise.
This is all very nice but can you get cable tv?
 
Reply

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:45.