Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
marxian's Avatar
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,510 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
#11
Originally Posted by ddwalker View Post
fmt 18 is 360p. Is it possible to playback 480p (fmt 35 or 43)? The 480p video has a horizontal size of 854. I guess you can trim a little to fit to the 800 pixel of N900 display.
I'll experiment with those formats and see how it turns out. I could always allow users to set the format themselves, just so long as they don't complain when they get 'buffering' every two seconds.
__________________
'Men of high position are allowed, by a special act of grace, to accomodate their reasoning to the answer they need. Logic is only required in those of lesser rank.' - J K Galbraith

My website

GitHub
 
Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
#12
testing it right now
and im not exagerating when i say this is my new fav. app!
__________________
N900 @850Mhz
My N900 changed my life and made it ALOT easier!
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bakuur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010
#13
its saying im missing python packages.
where do i get those?

i like this.
this is good.
i like it.
 
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010
#14
ah man!
help me!

if this gets going on my phone the first video ill play is billie pipers because we want to and jam to it!!
nyahahaha
 
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2010
#15
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I'll experiment with those formats and see how it turns out. I could always allow users to set the format themselves, just so long as they don't complain when they get 'buffering' every two seconds.
Hello,

The app launches fine on my phone but when I select any option (i.e. most viewed, etc...) it just goes to the next screen and searches endlessly without bringing back any results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-DJ
 
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Caracas/Venezuela
#16
Nice app!!

I'm having troubles with some videos, so i am wondering if it supports flash 10. It says "Playing 'xxxxx'", when nothing plays at all.
It would be nice that if you pause the video it will keep loading it. I hate when the video gets paused waiting for the buffer.
 
WereCatf's Avatar
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
#17
Originally Posted by ddwalker View Post
fmt 18 is 360p. Is it possible to playback 480p (fmt 35 or 43)? The 480p video has a horizontal size of 854. I guess you can trim a little to fit to the 800 pixel of N900 display.
480p video should do just fine on the N900 display so it'd make sense for cuteTube to default to that instead, and have perhaps an option in preferences or somewhere for selecting lower resolution for those whose bandwidth ain't enough to stream 480p.

Just my 2c.
__________________
HAND, n.
A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody's pocket.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2009
#18
[QUOTE=marxian;877439]I am pleased to announce the first release of cuteTube, my YouTube client for the N900. Features include:
  • Browse, search, play and download YouTube videos. Media Player and MPlayer are currently supported for playback, with Media Player giving the best performance in my tests.
  • Rate videos and view/add comments.
  • Manage your YouTube account(s). You can add multiple accounts and switch between them dynamically.
  • Create, edit and view your playlists, subscriptions and favourites.
  • Create an 'on the go' playback queue, which can also be saved as a YouTube playlist.
  • Full auto-rotation support in all windows and dialogs.

Looks nice, can't wait to try it.

Question, after you search for a certain topic and the results comes out, is there a way to sort the results by "Upload Date", "Relavance", "View Count", and "Rating"? Having that option makes it helpful, cause I would like to see newest videos for a specific topic and not stuff uploaded years ago.

Thanks.
 
marxian's Avatar
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,510 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
#19
Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
480p video should do just fine on the N900 display so it'd make sense for cuteTube to default to that instead, and have perhaps an option in preferences or somewhere for selecting lower resolution for those whose bandwidth ain't enough to stream 480p.

Just my 2c.
I get 'codec not supported' on the 480p formats using media player. They will play in mplayer, but the performance is poor, and mplayer complains about the cpu being too slow.

I believe the Android YouTube client (and gPodder) uses the same stream that cuteTube uses, and with good reason it seems.
__________________
'Men of high position are allowed, by a special act of grace, to accomodate their reasoning to the answer they need. Logic is only required in those of lesser rank.' - J K Galbraith

My website

GitHub
 
marxian's Avatar
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,510 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
#20
Originally Posted by mobilefan View Post

Looks nice, can't wait to try it.

Question, after you search for a certain topic and the results comes out, is there a way to sort the results by "Upload Date", "Relavance", "View Count", and "Rating"? Having that option makes it helpful, cause I would like to see newest videos for a specific topic and not stuff uploaded years ago.

Thanks.
By default, the results are sorted by date published (newest first). I may add an option in the settings to allow the user to change that. I'm attempting to strike the right balance between features and potential bugs/complications.
__________________
'Men of high position are allowed, by a special act of grace, to accomodate their reasoning to the answer they need. Logic is only required in those of lesser rank.' - J K Galbraith

My website

GitHub
 

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
youtube

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04.