Active Topics

Originally Posted by haelge View Post
But beware of bad karma, because all available tablets are already purchased and paied by crowdfunders and pre-orderers, who mostly wont get a tablet at all.

This is not actually true. Imagine the money raised by crowdfunding was poured in to a big bucket with all the other monies raised by Jolla (from sales, grants, financial backers etc). Jolla then used this big bucket of money to pay for things - like wages, development of the OS, hardware development, advertising etc, all the things a company must pay for to produce a an OS and a device.

There is no bad Karma, Jolla simple ran out of money and was unable to pay for a quantity of Devices it had previously ordered.

There are various other threads about buying a Tablet from China, It was a very limited number to start with, I think several people have recently tried to order one, but have been unsuccessful as the limited stock has all been sold.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zenecho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
There is no bad Karma, Jolla simple ran out of money and was unable to pay for a quantity of Devices it had previously ordered.
Worse than that, they happened to hit a funding delay and be temporarily out of cash just when the factory needed to be paid to ship the existing tablets and make more. In the few weeks it took to resolve that, the whole thing had fallen apart. It really is very sad, and a warning to all trying to enter the mobile device business.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
So, my Taoblet arrived.
(Actually it did so yesterday in my absense at work – but some people knew what I was waiting for
and a colleague of mine just payed the courier the 70€ tax without hesitation – I love my team.)

Here's what may be of interest to someone:
  • I used taobaofocus as an agent instead of yoybuy. Worked, didn't feel quick, though. There were always a few days delay between stuff happening.
  • It is genuine, store worked after system updates. I also did some "ssu"-commands before upgrading, but I don't think they were essential. Android works, just had time for some quick tests of few Apps from the Play Store, did not install other Android Stores yet.
  • The seller is out of stock – sorry I could not report earlier, but I guess that means some of you might have gotten lucky there as well. I count that as a good thing.
  • DHL (I used DHL Express International): Call them if something about customs pops up on your delivery notifications. Contact forms or mails get to the right people but may take longer. They have to know how much you've spend… this should be obvious, but: Be honest.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Using Yoybuy I tried to get the tablet from the seller chengxinrn. And even though it was marked as bought for days my money was eventually refunded due to having no stock. I placed another order from another seller on 3/6 but it still has not been marked as bought. So I bet the tablets are all gone now. UPDATE: yep, the second seller also is out of stock (despite still listing it for sale...).
And I'll be out Paypal fees due to the way they work.

Last edited by lancewex; 2016-03-11 at 04:15.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Leuven/Belgium
from Twitter :

@yoybuy: Jolla Tablet 8.3mm thin,Display 7.85″ IPS, Atom Processor Z3735F Quad Core 64-bit 1.8 GHz
http://bit.ly/1UXo9V5 http://twitter.com/yoybuy/status/708...206081/photo/1

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to napaDokc For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Jtabs at Taobao seem to have been sold off...

I tried to purchase from all listed 1888yuan sellers within the last 4 days but all reported "out of stock" to yoybuy.
Last chat message from Yoybuy i got regarding my latest attempt from this night:

sorry dear. this one is out of stock also. and we didn´t find it in other sellers. so i will refund you. thanks
If it is untrue and sellers only tell to be out of stock, waiting for Jolla to deliver the last jtabs and then have the chance to raise the price even more is to be seen.

But for now, i am giving up.

Edit, Haha, one more try on NapaDokcs link which he provided while i was typing e.g. not having reloaded the page
They actually list the tablet on yoybuy themselfes in that link? WTF is going on.
Edit2: on closer inspection, the yoybuy article linked to Han-yi telephone, whom i tried already 2 days ago... so i guess the link is a zombie and i soon will hav my 9th refund message from yoybuy...
Edit3. The article is "in Process" since an hour for the first time.
Before it always went to "await refund" directly.
Agent at taobao is someone new named "dong". i was served by lilian, karen and angelina before. Maybe dong can be more convincing than the girls

Last edited by mosen; 2016-03-11 at 09:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Ebay is the only choise you have nowadays. I paid for mine new Jolla Tablet 64GB with LastuCase 470 EUR. Between 400 and 600 you will find one, but that is not cheap....
Jolla Tablet is an Linux HW Artifact now, very rare.... :-(

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
For all, who are still missing the Jolla Tablet, i can help with purchase of the Jolla Tablet Clone:
Aigo x86.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99262

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Ebay is the only choise you have nowadays. I paid for mine new Jolla Tablet 64GB with LastuCase 470 EUR. Between 400 and 600 you will find one, but that is not cheap....
Jolla Tablet is an Linux HW Artifact now, very rare.... :-(
Hi. That's amazing! Where can you find a Jolla tablet for 400+ EURO.
That's twice what I paid for it on Taobao!

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. That's amazing! Where can you find a Jolla tablet for 400+ EURO.
That's twice what I paid for it on Taobao!
It was on ebay / Germany last year. I missed the Taobao action last year and for me was ebay the only solution.

Now we have more possibilities:
Aigo x86 & Youyota Tab.

Last edited by explit; 2017-05-05 at 11:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post: