Active Topics

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...
I am currently using 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo8.1. The only problem is - I don't whether it was caused by update or something else - Skype chat doesn't work. When I attempt to open an old conversation, the Conversations window closes with "Internal error. Application 'Conversations' closed. " notification. When I take a contact and attempt to send a Skype IM - from addressbook - the same notification is shown, and no new window is opened. I deleted my Skype account from device and created it anew; the problem persists. Reboots do not help. What would you advise?
Best wishes.
this may be because the files updated in /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html were not merged properly. try restoring and/or merging manually.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knarf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
Installaed ALL going well

skype chat is working fine

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexporta For This Useful Post:
I want to report a bug, I have updated to the latest 8.1 yesterday and now after the update my phone is stuck in portrait mode, I had it locked to landscape mode before the update with the orientation lock.

Is there anyway to fix this?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QSMC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
I meant deleting/ moving away /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
or from within the conversations application but I don't know if you have acces to that

Warning: This database includes all chats and messages
Thank you. I moved around (into filename.bak) all files within this directory ( /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger) . However, while the list of Conversations was empty, as expected, the problem was not resolved: when a 'new' message arrived, and notification was properly displayed, and it was added to the list, creating the db anew from nothingness - it was still impossible to see its contents (Internal error...). SMS are fine, though. Maybe, a skyhost-bin is corrupted? How is it possible to check for that?
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Might that ring tone bug be present only in devices with modded default ringtones list? That wierd thing was reported by few users, so it might be related to some kind of user files / modds.

// Skype

Skype is working with no problems on my device, video call / chat / avatar - all as it was on T7.2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by QSMC View Post
I want to report a bug, I have updated to the latest 8.1 yesterday and now after the update my phone is stuck in portrait mode, I had it locked to landscape mode before the update with the orientation lock.

Try this line:
Code:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/osso/hildon-desktop
Look for 'orientation_lock', 'ui_can_rotate', 'orientation_lock_position'.
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by QSMC View Post

Orientation Lock Applet gets removed during CSSU-Testing 8 install. Install it again and delock/lock as you wish.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Micha1982 View Post
But I've got another question: my desktop-clock-widget shows totally crap since months and I do not know why - digital clock is fine, but analog-widget shows anything else than the actual time! Is it maybe possible to fix that in a further update? Sometime time changes with rotation I think, but I am not sure - but it is unusable.
Or do I something wrong, can I fix it anyhow by myself?
Maybe it is set to showing 24hrs instead of 12? Because that means the analog clock actually has 24 sections. I had that setting and thought it was broken, too. Check the settings. If that doesn't help you, use the forum search and maybe post in existing thread. In the future, please post such issues in a separate thread if there isn't one about your subject already.

Furthermore pls do a changelog-update next time before you upload such an update - at first I thought something is wrong, after some time of search I found this thread here - but for some minutes - after google did not find anything regarding 8.1 and the normal changelog-site doesn show it, too, I thought maybe I've installed some kind of virus/hack from somebody else All in all great work what you're all doing here, but pls take more care of the homepage - in my point of view it is (a bit) confused (how much questions for the right repos do you get per day? )
Since the wiki (if that is what you mean by "the homepage"?) and this site TMO are maintained - and Maemo is developed - only by a handful of people (who do a great job btw), sometimes it can take a while before all the information is updated. The wiki is certainly not the most up-to-date source of information. All the latest and most important news are usually found here at TMO, but you always need to look carefully at the dates of whichever post, since there is also a lot of outdated info around. Installing virus/hacks/whatver over junk is very, very unlikely if it got pushed to your N900 from the repos.

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
I updated yesterday to T8.1 and now the N900 is in bootloop, removing SIM and SD card doesn't help, connecting the wall charger also result in bootloop (no way to turn off).
Is there a way to get it working without reflash the device??

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelBlade For This Useful Post:
If you use Mentalist Traceur's preinit recovery shell, or any recent backupmenu version (assuming N900 boots far enough, to run backupmenu - it should be the case), you ma fix issues from command line.

Of course, it mean that you would still need to determine WTF is going on - which, most likely, imply you should have a syslog or at least framebuffer enabled (or other logging tools). Or awesome intuition

In case of the latter, it's worth to remember which custom modification to startup scripts you might had before installing cssu - it's known to not play well with customizations.

For this reason, I switched to always update CSSU from apt-get command line - at least it (should) note, if something crucial is changed and/or divert it, so I can investigate before reboot, then merge necessary modifications into new release from latest CSSU. Just to be on safe side, I also check by hand which cSSU components are going to be get updated - most of the times, even just by reading it, you my guess which config files/scripts are "in danger" of getting updated,

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-06-13 at 09:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing