Notices

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
must be:
Code:
apt-get install glogarchive=0.7-1
Thanks, but I now get the error message:
E: Version '0.7-1' for 'glogarchive' was not found

If I change it to 0.8-1 it installs fine, but it does not start since I'm on PR1.1

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by knuter View Post
Thanks, but I now get the error message:
E: Version '0.7-1' for 'glogarchive' was not found

If I change it to 0.8-1 it installs fine, but it does not start since I'm on PR1.1
You're right. I see that all previous versions have been cleaned up
(http://maemo.org/packages/view/glogarchive/).

Going back to your original question, if you upgrade OTA to PR1.2 your messages will not be deleted. To be sure you can make a backup using the native backup application.

If you want to be extra cautious you can also backup manually the folder
/home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/

Hope it helps.

Uninstalled nearly all applications and it finally managed to upgrade to PR1.2 through OTA so I didn't have to use NSU.

Wish it would tell me to uninstall applications instead of just telling me to use NSU... but all good now, thanks for the help

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi Bananenfisch,

I fell into this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=20

I have been testing it for some time and it works quite nice.

If you have the time I would like to hear your opinion on the implementation.

If you think it worths maybe you can update your application to provide the durations per call and total per contact.

thanks

Up

any suggestion?

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vienna, AT
sorry for the late answer...

@PaK - yes, there are some people with this problem... it seems sometimes not to create a correct archive-file. to solve this, delete the archive-db (should be empty anyway at first run)... in the terminal:

rm /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el_archive-v1.db

@saturn: yes, this would be a nice feature... but i'm busy the next weeks... maybe about christmas holidays =) lets see...

The Following User Says Thank You to bananenfisch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm
hi folks,

whats the best app fort counting sms/mms? I need to count them for not breaking 500 a month! for the moment i dont feel that glogarchive is stable. i cant see that is counting the sms correctly. also i have noticed that the sms app cant handle sms conversations if they get to large..... any others with this problem?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm
sorry. Im using glogarchive 0.8

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vienna, AT
glogarchive should be stable... theres no bug reported, that the counting doesnt work correctly. if you send one large sms > 160 chars, it counts always one.
but i dont know, if it works with mms correctly, because i dont use the mms app.

i need more infos to reproduce the problem, if there is a problem...