now that the all singing and dancing pr 1.2 is out

i just have one question about the new pr 1.2
are there any power saving upgrades or will we
suffer with faster battery drainage due to
new added features?

CN

Last edited by CodeNote; 2010-05-25 at 11:18.

I think improved battery life was mentioned somewhere with regards o pr1.2.
But i guess we'll just have to wait and see if there is any noticable differance.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ manchester
Ok I admit Ive not seen a changelog yet but can all those in the know tell me what i get for my shiny new firmware update to PR1.2
cheers.

i'd like to know what the OviMaps improvements are?

i don't see any diffrence between the new pr 1.2 and the leaked one....

The Following User Says Thank You to crash16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
*jadadjajdajdajdajad*
- "Ohhh i think that itīs faster, maybe it is faster Iīm not sure but maybe yes no perhaps"
- "ohhh thank you for this precious information now i can go on update and really experience it"

Jeez..how about this:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_5/PR1.2
And then wait for couple of days and try to spot if there is some problems that might be blockers for you (for example icq protocol seems to have some problems right now) And THEN update it and experience it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by crash16 View Post
i don't see any diffrence between the new pr 1.2 and the leaked one....
Not to many but they are.
I wasn't able install 3D earth what using OpenGL for example now i can

now that pr 1.2 is out i am not so impressed. I don't know why but reading all the threads about pr 1.2 and everything made me hope that it is going to be awesome but it's not even close: the phone is not responsive sometimes like before the update...lack of video and conference call(not on skype)...and alot more things which we all need and used to play with on the older phones...

The Following User Says Thank You to crash16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by crash16 View Post
the phone is not responsive sometimes like before the update...lack of video and conference call(not on skype)...and alot more things which we all need and used to play with on the older phones...
Itīs true that depending on how many programs you run (email checking, IM-protocols connecting, Real windowses open) it might get laggy. And also there is some apps than basically are not on level of smoothness what iPhone delivers.

Could someone please tell me what is this video call outside Skype. I have never ever used it but some people have been talking about it. Isn't it something that is dependend on your service provider or what is this thing and what protocols it uses and what phoens have it. I have never ever seen or used it besides skype and gtalk.

It lacks tons of functionality on Phone apps and PIM, but then again itīs all about browsing, messaging (except email), music & video. Only hope is that there will be commercial apps that provide phone functions what people are missing.

Then again if yout try to use it same way as your old phones you have probably bought wrong device.

i just have a couple of questions cause i'm such a noob, my conversations inbox widget is no where to be found, and ovi store is still the same, or is that as it should be? sorry for the noobish question but i'm a tad confused, i thought we would be getting a whole new world of content on ovi

Tags
delete me