Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
It don't look like it is coming to UK and if it does it will be hellish expensive because they will not come direct from Nokia.
I am well aware of that, thanks.

In fact I've just spoken to Expansys UK. They are well aware of the intense interest in the phone, but are still awaiting a supply date from Nokia. They have no idea when they will get that date, they've had no response from Nokia to their repeated enquiries. They agree that this seems odd, given the availability elsewhere. And even agreed that cancelling my preorder and shopping elsewhere might be a good idea.

Last edited by strongm; 2011-10-05 at 12:15.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Hakki_01 View Post
but still maps takes ages.. 10seconds when it launches without being opened in background? Hope they can improve that with update and other minor tweaks
The improvement is called overclocking.

btw, I will be getting my N9 64GB tomorrow. Will update this post & twitter once I get it.
http://shootspeak.com/2011/10/05/nok...peak-com-soon/

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. BTW, can someone please tell me if there is a way to get Korean input working on the N9? Without this, it cannot serve as my main daily phone. (which was the case with N900 as well until sometime later with the appearance of mscim)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hydroponies View Post
Switzerland:
The black 16gb N9 is now in stock at digitec.ch, one of the biggest online shops in switzerland. According to the website ">10" devices are available, based on my expierience with this store i believe this is correct.
Other colors and 64gb models are not yet in stock and "are supposed to ship in early october".

Edit: sry forgot to mention they only ship within switzerland
Wanted to buy it there and send it to a Swiss adress where i can pick it up. But they says on their product-page that if you need italian an french language you have to pay extra and they install it. Because i need italian, german an still english i called there and they confirm that. I think that maybe this is also an import device and not a swiss product release. They confirmed that it could be import, but didn't say from where. If its from outside of CEE or Switzerland this can be problematic for warranty.

Now I don't now: buy or not buy, that's the question.

The Following User Says Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Hence why I stated that row doesn't really mean much. The speeds may be useless if your contract caps your speed but not if it doesn't. Then again the extra band is just as useless since the missing 1700 is not a single used band in any country and is rather rare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks

you will just end up roaming on another network.
It is not about caps. Tell me how many times you get the max speed of your network and your phone in 3.5G?

T-mobile for example uses 1700... Is it really rare?

The Following User Says Thank You to bbin For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
I am well aware of that, thanks.

In fact I've just spoken to Expansys UK. They are well aware of the intense interest in the phone, but are still awaiting a supply date from Nokia. They have no idea when they will get that date, they've had no response from Nokia to their repeated enquiries. They agree that this seems odd, given the availability elsewhere. And even agreed that cancelling my preorder and shopping elsewhere might be a good idea.
I don't know what to say to not sound bad but Expansys are either dum stupid or they do not read what they are told by Nokia way way back when they announced NO N9's will be sold in the UK or USA.

There is nothing odd but rather Expansys is odd for not sourcing them from another source away from Nokia.

It does not suprise me one least bit Nokia have not replied to there emails but that is Nokia for you... plain ignorant they are.

On the positive side if every company badgers Nokia for the N9 in the countries they are not selling too then it may just reverse there decision and actually have no choice but to supply to every country.

Nokia is at fault here by the way not Expansys but Expansys should not have taken pre-orders at this stage anyhow.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-10-05 at 12:28.

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
French/German?
In Switzerland is spoken german, italian, french and also rhaeto-romanic, but that's another question. So the swiss variant should have all this three languages and that's why I'm wondering there are listed more variants of the same swiss model.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
In Switzerland is spoken german, italian, french and also rhaeto-romanic, but that's another question. So the swiss variant should have all this three languages and that's why I'm wondering there are listed more variants of the same swiss model.
I was just saying that because nokia availlability list had two entries for Switzerland.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
But the iPhone has CDMA support, also only used in those countries afaik.
No, CDMA is used in other countries as well (China, India, Nigeria). However, many non-US CDMA carriers use, or are required to use, RUIM cards (SIM-equivalent for CDMA), but the US carriers don't use RUIM. So, typically, CDMA handsets are Sprint or Verizon-specific (can theoretically be changed, but the operators normally don't want you to) and can't be used at all in other countries.

AFAIK, these dual-CDMA-GSM handsets (BlackBerry has done this in the past) are mainly for US users on Sprint or Verizon to be able to roam outside the US (CDMA-to-CDMA roaming is basically non-existent).

The Following User Says Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by bbin View Post
T-mobile for example uses 1700... Is it really rare?
Click the link that you quoted. Read.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Eastern Europe
hey slai, when you get the chance, if you haven't already, could you please check this for me:

clock/alarm settings:
- can you set multiple alarms for the same day?
- set the alarms recurrent only for workdays?
- change snooze delay/duration?
- does the alarm ring for only one minute and allows only a maximum of 5 snoozes (like the E71)?

yeah, i'm not a morning type person kinda' guy...

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????