Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
yea its kinda sad, i got the $9.99 plan, switched the apn to epc.tmobile.com, and had 3g/3.5g access for the first 2 days, and then i guess tmobileUS figured out that i'm using n900, and blocked it now it says the plan is not compatible with this device. I guess i'll have to switch over to the unlimited data plan now, and pay $15 bucks more

That's the reason why I just got the smartphone data plan when it was $20 dollars a month (and locked it in with grandfather rates). Cause their plans were going change and unlimited smartphone data would start at $25. (so now I'm saving $5 a month). Though granted because the n900 was delayed about a month I paid $20 one month for 3G I couldn't use.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by ppriyank View Post
yea its kinda sad, i got the $9.99 plan, switched the apn to epc.tmobile.com, and had 3g/3.5g access for the first 2 days, and then i guess tmobileUS figured out that i'm using n900, and blocked it now it says the plan is not compatible with this device. I guess i'll have to switch over to the unlimited data plan now, and pay $15 bucks more
what do you mean not compatible. what happened? how did they find out?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Missouri
Not sure what the difference is between the 3 APNs. Those of you having trouble with the $9.99 plan try internet2.voicestream.com , it's the only one that works for me...

The Following User Says Thank You to kopele For This Useful Post:
well i use the internet2 setting keep everything else on auto. working for me the epc setting did not.

I am using it right now posting from my N900

anyone still using the wap setting? it works for me.

Hmmm, I signed up for the Even More Plus plan, 59.99 for unlimited text, web and 500 minutes. The store rep made sure I was placed in on the smartphone plan, and my T-Mobile connection by default is using internet2.voicestream.com; a few sites I've looked at already list this as the smartphone APN. 3G service has been phenomenal, and vpnc works without a prob; light years better and faster than my AT&T full data plan. Not sure if I understand a lot of the talk regarding people not using the internet2 APN, is it just to avoid being "caught" with using the smartphone APN when on a cheaper data plan?

Also, it's interesting, on my phone I am unable to edit the T-Mobile connection in the usual spot, nor can I add another GPRS connection. Anyone else notice this on theirs as well?

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by nytcrawlr View Post
...on my phone I am unable to edit the T-Mobile connection in the usual spot, nor can I add another GPRS connection.
The "usual spot" is: Settings > Internet Connections. Click on the 'Connections' button ( lower right corner) and choose 'New' or 'Edit'.
If that's not right then something really is goofy...
Registered Linux user #266531.

Yes crash I know that, and I cannot edit the connection nor add another. Not an issue for me as I have no need to change it, this thing blazes as is, just found it intersting that's all.

Just to be clear, no prob managing any wifi connections there, just not GPRS.

Last edited by nytcrawlr; 2009-12-09 at 02:42. Reason: Added info

I have an existing 'unlimited internet' account with T-Mobile US for a long history of WinMo devices.

When I got my N900 last week, I put my T-Mobile SIM chip in it and the phone connected at first-boot to the T-Mobile network automatically (via the internet2.voicestream.com APN). The status bar indicator changes between "2G", "3G", and "3.5G" as I've moved around Seattle. Speed tests suggest I'm getting .35MBPS download and .75MBPS upload.

The speedtest results appear the same after switching the APN to epc.tmobile.com.

Your mileage may vary but there's hope on the horizon: T-Mobile Rolling Out HSPA 7.2 Before Years End