Notices

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
there is a small enhancement being worked on for the Flip Calendar. This would enable a full month view calendar ( with week numbers) on desktop as in the image below..

Double-clicking on the Flip calendar applet will spawn the full month view calendar.. Its in the extras-devel now and should be in extras by tomorrow

The Following User Says Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Works great shin. Thanks!

Not all too sure what the point is of really using this, but it's nice to have nonetheless.

Hey, possible favor request?

I don't think I'll ever reach the point of trusting Flip Clock Beta with it's alarm issues so I still use the one that comes with Diablo since it never once caused an issue on my end.

Anyway, do you think you could code a simple feature to have either SVG Clock or Flip Calendar go directly to Applications -> Clock -> Alarm -> Alarms directly via shortcut for one of these two apps?

That's probably my only suggestion on making either one of your releases to be a little more "functional".

Cheers bud.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Addison thanks for testing from the extras-devel..

Not all too sure what the point is of really using this, but it's nice to have nonetheless.
I have seen a few posts in this forum, where people wanted to have this full month view calendar on the desktop, to check a future date or the day of the week in the past.. Dmitriy Chirva asked for this feature in the download section of Flip Calendar. This is same as having a clock applet on the desktop for time or similar to you looking for the alarm setup to be handy and reachable easily. IMO the feeling of something being "functional" will depend on the need and usage ..
The only 2 ways I knew of getting this was
- Control panel > Date & Time > Click the calendar icon to change date ( downside - click on a date and the system date is changed)
- Use Zenity Calendar through personal menu

So I thought it would be good to have this full month view calendar part of the Flip Calendar applet..

On your query about Alarm settings to be accessed easily, not sure if you already knew about the Desktop status bar applet for this..
go to Control Panel > Panels > "Status Bar" tab and put a check mark on Alarm option

This will give you an Alarm icon on the Status bar, that gives direct access to the Alarm settings..

I will try to integrate this functionality into the SVGClock..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
cant find flip calender in repos and doesnt install from http://maemo.org/downloads/product/O...flip-calendar/ ??????

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by shin View Post
Thank you ossipena for trying.. I have been reading up a bit and there seems to be a fundamental difference between diablo and maemo 5 to have the desktop widgets displayed for python..

In diablo it is hildondesktop.HomeItem and in Maemo 5 this seems to be hildondesktop.HomePluginItem.. There seems to be a couple of differences like these to be addressed, before i can make it work on n900.. I will try to refactor the code for Maemo 5 when possible..

Can you tell me something.. What ever is the equivalent of N810/diablo for Home > Applet Settings > FlipCalendar in n900.. Is Flip calendar appearing in that widget launch area and are you able to see the GTK color, font selection screens? I would assume that these should work..

Appreciate your time and interest to check this out..
Hey,

I took the flipcalendar-1.2 source and changed the code to make it runable in maemo 5. Would you like to take this code and build a
package ?
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Originally Posted by shin View Post
Dmitriy Chirva asked for this feature in the download section of Flip Calendar.
Yep, thank you for work on my request about calendar) Looks nice, i gonna check the updated version right now!
So, what about skins for this pop-up full calendar? Can you make it looks more similar to the FlipCalendar applet or it can be only like a “window”?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Yep, thank you for work on my request about calendar) Looks nice, i gonna check the updated version right now!
So, what about skins for this pop-up full calendar? Can you make it looks more similar to the FlipCalendar applet or it can be only like a “window”?
@Kroll

Yes, having skins for this pop up window is an option, but this could make the desktop heavy, particularly if you have other desktop applets active resulting in bad response times.. However if you notice, there is some amount of skinning, coloring achieved in the otherwise dry gtk calendar widget.

The pop up window inherits the color scheme of the "Day" font from desktop calendar widget. So if you set the "Day" font color matching the theme color of the Calendar.png on your Flip Calendar widget, the pop up calendar window will also inherit this color scheme ( look at the updated image in the first post)

The Following User Says Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
@nicolai.. PMed you on this..

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Yeah, treating your clock and calendar like power launch icons would be nice.

I know about the status bar alarm clock, but that only shows if you already have an outstanding alarm present and that immediately goes away once it's triggered.

For the calendar, there's Seqretary, GPE Calendar, mCalendar, Den in the USA made mention to something of a Google Calendar app (?) that he installed somehow (I should look that up), I also have a really great Greasemonkey script to show the Google Calendar webpage in full screen mode without any menus and junk, it's actually very nice (Kozzi helped me with the script for it).
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33947

Anyway, being able to have either some command line or option as to what your calendar shortcuts to would be good if you feel the same way about it.

But yeah, I thought that would better integrate your two apps with the desktop environment using the least amount of additional coding needed for them.

Cheers!

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
@shin
But it could make the desktop heavy only then you trying to launch the calendar...
Any way, I think it has to looks the similar to the applet, but now it looks like two different applications.

P.s. actually I think nobody waits from you the full PIM, I just want to know what date of month was lust Sunday...

Last edited by Kroll; 2010-03-18 at 22:14.