Active Topics

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Dunno what is wrong with them but they keep on bashing both Nokia and the N900 for apparent no reason.

"- but the second N900 push in just a single week features a list of fixes and changes that should put smiles on a few owners' faces, too (and a few devs' faces, for that matter, while they wait for this payment bug to get patched up). "
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/14/n...ek/1#c24682643

They always manage somehow to throw a jab at Nokia for something that happens and we don't see them actually complaining about how closed the Apple App store is when Apple launches a new MacBook.

Shouldn't we actually go there and start complaining as well? Is this what they want? How can the community actually play fair this game?

And also, I dunno if Nokia is still sponsoring those guys but if so STOP.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Some of the editors really hate Nokia. Don't know why, I suspect it might be a nationalistic thing. Anyway, just have a listen at the podcast where they talk about Nokia's keynote at CES. They were practically foaming with hatred. It was a real eye opening moment for me.

It's very unfortunate but I don't think there's much that can be done about it...

Originally Posted by qw3rty View Post
Some of the editors really hate Nokia. Don't know why, I suspect it might be a nationalistic thing. Anyway, just have a listen at the podcast where they talk about Nokia's keynote at CES. They were practically foaming with hatred. It was a real eye opening moment for me.

It's very unfortunate but I don't think there's much that can be done about it...
It’s not a nationalist thing. It’s more an economic war. If only nokia didn’t facilitate their live…

I didn't realise that Nokia sponsered them! (Or had any kind of affliated link to them!)

I do visit engadget daily, but it's not just Nokia they tend to lend bias towards, basically, most companies that aren't Apple!

It's not necessarily really obvious either e.g. Apple have some bad press, engadget will always find a silver lining, Nokia (or others) have good press, engadget will always find the grey cloud, but in subtle ways like dragging the "payment bug" in to the positive announcement of the first major update.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I've deleted the their RSS feed and no longer listen to their podcast. A promising website marred by bias and puerile attitude. They WONT last for much long if they continue in this vein.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
And plus... my account there "stopped working" by the time the n97 was launched when they were saying some nasty things... I guess too many posts. Dunno. I always treated them politely and dont curse or anything but they just could not handle me saying some stuff...

Since then I can't comment anymore. So if anyone would do me the favor of actually bashing them there it is much appreciated :P

They should learn a thing or two from this community about openness.

lol well if you read the comments some engadget users bash on them all the time hahahha but yea i too think that engadget favor apple more.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Engadget went down the drain a long time ago.
PR1.1 is the first phone firmware update in 10 years that gave me a changelog longer than 3 lines

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I don't really read their site, only links I've found on here leading there, but even I've noticed their pro-Apple bias...

Engadget is nothing more than an extended Op-ed site now. Every single posting has a little tech and a heavy dollop of personal opinion in it. They have a long history of bashing the hell out of Nokia. Even postings where they are praising something the N900 can do that no other phone can do has a little tail end dig included.

I long ago gave up reading the site extensively and switched to other places for my tech news.

Perhaps we should start a "Where do you get tech news" from.

I personally like boygeniusreport.com for mobile news - though that too can be a little preachy.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Tags
apple, engadget, nokia