Active Topics

Poll: Which OS will be the first choice on your Nokia N900?
Poll Options
Which OS will be the first choice on your Nokia N900?

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
http://www.electronista.com/articles....large.screen/

Its not 100% but its possible. I think we all agree that not too many people gonna spend 500+ on a phone so if they release budget Maemo it might help to make it more popular
N95 with 600-700 euros, 17 million sold and iphone with about 600 euros price does not agree.
Nokia did release in Nokia Capital Market Days 2009 that Maemo/MeeGo will be in the 400 euros price point and above. Symbian have already partly lost it's charm and is moving to mid end so i'm happy that Maemo/MeeGo will again be real smartphone OS for Nokia. Symbian will be all about Qt in Symbian^4 so we will be getting apps both ways.

Me personally want Maemo to stay on N900 and could be improved and work much better than any other OS on mobile device. I think it has its uniqueness and style that no other system has. But MeeGo is pushing and we dont have choice but accept it. ( i guess Maemo project will stop). I think MeeGo remind me more of those Android. And its probably coming from Intel. Considering that they are working on some Android devices too if im not mistaking. And Nokia trying make it more user friendly so call. But at the end its ok for me as long as it will works smoothly and bring more options. All tho i like Maemo!

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
question is, will Meego on n900 run apps like picodrive,snes, facebrick, fmms etc? or will they have to be remade in Qt?

future is bright future is........
Non-Qt apps can run in MeeGo just like they could in Maemo: by having developers maintaining the libraries these apps depend upon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Non-Qt apps can run in MeeGo just like they could in Maemo: by having developers maintaining the libraries these apps depend upon.
thanks for confirming, now i'm really looking forward meego. well pr1.2 more for now

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Just wanted to ask if Ovi Music (DRM free) will be made available for the N900 with MeeGo 1.0 release or any other future releases for this device?

Btw, Ovi Maps (with free navigation for life) is coming to N900, right?

Thanks in advance,

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
You do understand that Quim Gil (qgil) is a Nokia employee right? And not just any employee.. Read more about him and you will know that whatever he says, is true.. Believe it or not... it's up to you...
Guess what....i work for nokia too in dubai!
Yeah im still new, but thats the answer i got from more than one person in a meeting about the future of meego.

And that question was the first thing that poped in my mind because i my self own an n900...

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Ahmed360 View Post
Guess what....i work for nokia too in dubai!
Yeah im still new, but thats the answer i got from more than one person in a meeting about the future of meego.

And that question was the first thing that poped in my mind because i my self own an n900...
7abibi ok, bas qgil works in finland oo mosh bas finland, elo 3alaqa bi Maemo/Meego.. So he has good solid info of what he's talking about...

Sorry for speaking another language.. Had to explain it somehow to him..

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
duel boot?

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
duel boot?
I will choose the one which boots faster, when functions are equal!

Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
Both for the N900?

(Just to be clear )
@qgil

Can you please clarify the above question from Ulrik

Tags
continuity, support, you wish