Active Topics

Hi, I'm new here.

Well recently my friend plugged in the n900 to a laptop (via USB cable) which runs on windows 7 ultimate and used mass storage mode to copy the pics onto the desktop. After removing the cable from the laptop we are now unable to view any photos/songs/videos on the phone. When i go to images it just says - (no images). The same goes for sounds and videos. But when I go to phone settings and view the memory details, it shows that there are files in the Images/video and audio clips. Also, when i plug the phone into the laptop I am able to view the photos. If I take any pics with my camera, it does not show in the images, but it shows them once i plug it into the laptop.

I hope I have not been to confusing in this post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

how about a simple re-start of your phone?

Originally Posted by bertolt View Post
how about a simple re-start of your phone?
I tried switching the phone off and back on.. But its still the same.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ st.helens,merseyside
open x terminal..

root (enter)

tracker-processes -r (enter)

open up media player and it should find your folders..

Originally Posted by thumbs View Post
open x terminal..

root (enter)

tracker-processes -r (enter)

open up media player and it should find your folders..
I just tried this..

when i type root and enter.. it says root not found.

when i type tracker-processes -r then i get some stuff but then after i close it ... it still does not show the photos/videos/sounds on the phone..

Also, when i go to file manager, it shows all the pics/audio/video files there... but not when i go to media player or photos..

Is there anything else i could try?

Thanks alot.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ st.helens,merseyside
Originally Posted by shabbirk2c View Post
I just tried this..

when i type root and enter.. it says root not found.

when i type tracker-processes -r then i get some stuff but then after i close it ... it still does not show the photos/videos/sounds on the

Also, when i go to file manager, it shows all the pics/audio/video files there... but not when i go to media player or photos..

Is there anything else i could try?

Thanks alot.

hi, you need to install rootsh from the repos,,
then type the code in x terminal.
open media player and after a short while it should say updating media files..good luck

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Hi shabbirk2c. This happened to me yesterday, which is strange, because it is the first time this has happened and I have had the device for nearly a year now. tracker-process worked for me, but I was just wondering if you have installed something just before this happened, because I have an idea what might have done it to my device. Did you install anything new recently?

Originally Posted by thumbs View Post
hi, you need to install rootsh from the repos,,
then type the code in x terminal.
open media player and after a short while it should say updating media files..good luck
rootsh is very handy, but it is not needed and should not be used to run tracker-processes

Originally Posted by bigears5000 View Post
Hi shabbirk2c. This happened to me yesterday, which is strange, because it is the first time this has happened and I have had the device for nearly a year now. tracker-process worked for me, but I was just wondering if you have installed something just before this happened, because I have an idea what might have done it to my device. Did you install anything new recently?
Hi.. my friend just called and told me that she is able to view the images/photos/videos/audio files on the phone now.. maybe it was the tracker-processes -r taking effect after some time.. i have no idea how... but its working..

Thanks alot Thumbs for all your help..

@bigears5000 .. no she did not install anything recently.. but i guess the tracker-processes -r worked..

thanks j.s and everyone..

hopefully this post will help someone in the future if they have the same problem..

thanks again..

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Glad it's now working.