Active Topics

Notices

Thanks for the very nice application. Works fine in Windows and in N9.

At the moment I have only one wish, as the display in N9 has good resolution, my eyes cannot catch all the pixels, so the texts in the maps appear not so large. And zooming (changing) to the more accurate map brings more details, but again, small texts in names.

A possibility to zoom without changing to more accurate map would solve this problem. Maybe this is already possible, but I did not find the feature.

If the + - buttons zoom in and out between different maps and pinch zoom to enlarges the displayed map without changing a map, this would be great for this purpose.

Heik

Originally Posted by Heik View Post
If the + - buttons zoom in and out between different maps and pinch zoom to enlarges the displayed map without changing a map, this would be great for this purpose.
I added this feature to the next version.

merikartat näköjään poistettu ikkunasta.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Finland
What about this CSSU issue with QtMobility - I do not like to downgrade.

Originally Posted by pekkis View Post
I'm working with version 4.0 at the moment and when I get it done(hopefully by the end of this week) I'll compile it against that latest Qt Mobility package.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by oulu View Post
merikartat näköjään poistettu ikkunasta.
Niin on. Ja juuri teidän takianne. Kiitos kaikille. Not.

"Sovelluksen avulla on ladattu Maanmittauslaitoksen maasto- ja taustakarttoja, ortokuvia sekä Liikenneviraston merikarttatietoja. Merikarttatiedot on tästä syystä poistettu kokonaan Paikkatietoikkunasta toistaiseksi."

Originally Posted by pekkis View Post
I looked into this more and it seems that Qt Mobility version in CSSU (in community repository) is older than this one that I've been using. I'll use also that newest version in the next version of Mapsi(which will be released tomorrow for N900, N9/N950 and for Windows) so you should install it (you can have multiple versions installed at the same time so installing that shouldn't mess up anything).

The Following User Says Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
I checked and I have exactly the same version installed and still Mapsi fails to start.

Mapsi v4.0.0 is now available for N900, N9/N950 and for Windows.

Changes
- Support for EPSG:900913
- Bug fixes and some other minor features

N900 version
v4.0.0 for N900 is available here.

Installation
1. Install latest Qt Mobility 1.2 libraries. If you have extras-devel repository enabled you can install those with "apt-get install libqtm-12=1:1.2.0+git20111104-0nd~fremantle5" or if you don't you can download libraries from here (and install with "dpkg -i libqtm-12_1.2.0+git20111104-0nd~fremantle5_armel.deb").
2. Download .deb file from the link above and install it.
3. Copy WMS settings (wms_settings.ini) and map settings (map_settings.ini) files (attached to this post is example settings files, remove .txt extension) to '/home/user/MyDocs/.mapsi' directory (if you connect N900 to computer using mass storage mode that directory is '.mapsi' in root)

N9/N950 version
v4.0.0 for N9/N950 is available here.

Installation
1. Install .deb file from the link above.
2. Copy WMS settings (wms_settings.ini) and map settings (map_settings.ini) files (attached to this post is example settings files, remove .txt extension) to '/home/user/MyDocs/.mapsi' directory (if you connect N9 to computer using mass storage mode that directory is '.mapsi' in root)

Windows version
v4.0.0 for Windows is available here.

Installation
1. Download file from the link above and unzip it to directory with no white spaces in it (e.g. to "c:\").
2. Make 'data' directory in Mapsi-v4.0.0 directory and copy WMS settings (wms_settings.ini) and map settings (map_settings.ini) files (attached to this post is example settings files, remove .txt extension) to that directory.

For existing users
New database format
v4.0.0 has new map tile database format and old database files won't work anymore. If you want to use your old database follow these steps (I suggest using Windows version 'cause this requires quite a lot of memory and free space)
1. Rename your old WMS settings file to 'wms_settings.ini-old' and your database file to 'wms.db-old'
2. Run Mapsi and now it should start creating new database to 'wms.db-new' file.
3. Wait (this may take up to ten minutes). There's no window showing status of the new database creation but you can check that 'wms.db-new' file size increases to make sure it's working. When new database is ready window should appear saying that it's done.
4. Rename 'wms.db-new' to 'wms.db' and remove 'wms.db-old' (if 'wms.db-old' and 'wms.db-new' don't have almost same file size, there probably have been some errors creating new database and in that case you might not want to delete 'wms.db-old')

New WMS settings format
Also WMS settings file format has changed in v4.0.0 (and now there's own settings file for maps) but old WMS setting files still work(those are automatically converted to new format).

Example WMS and map settings files that are attached to this post use World OSM WMS.
Attached Files
File Type: txt map_settings.ini.txt (333 Bytes, 599 views)
File Type: txt wms_settings.ini.txt (423 Bytes, 557 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
This one starts correctly. Conversion of the old-ini failed, but osm-map works.