Active Topics

Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
The X license was supposed to be sold in Europe only. I wouldn't be surprised if they only support European models.
The European version supports LTE Cat13 800/850/900/1800/1900/2100/2600 (Bands 1,2,3,5,7,8,20) TD-LTE 2600 (Bands 38), so it will - at the very least - work on T-Mobile in the US (2,4,5,12,66,71).

I *hope* they don't relegate it just to the EU version (H3113), because band 28 on my Xperia X (F5121) works best in my area in the US.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
The European version supports LTE Cat13 800/850/900/1800/1900/2100/2600 (Bands 1,2,3,5,7,8,20) TD-LTE 2600 (Bands 38), so it will - at the very least - work on T-Mobile in the US (2,4,5,12,66,71).

I *hope* they don't relegate it just to the EU version (H3113), because band 28 on my Xperia X (F5121) works best in my area in the US.
I hope that too as a bought the US version of Xperia XA2 (H3123)...

Enviado desde mi H3123 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I don't think so, at least it does not feel like it would be running down any faster than before.
I have constant power logging on, so if I have time I could try to draw up some graphs on average power consumption of it before and after the update.
Thanks juiceme! Only if you have time, it's not that important.
No problem, here are the results I just plotted.

Now I must confess this kind of surprised me, since the results show the absolute opposite of the original assumption; indeed after the latest update the device seems to consume lot less battery than before!

Statistics don't lie, do they?
Of course it is possible that my usage pattern has somehow been different in May and June, but I don't really think so.

Here are the resulting power rundown graphs of my daily usage:

Daily power rundown of v2.1.4.14 from May 1 2018

Daily power rundown of v2.2.0.29 from June 1 2018

Every morning the charge starts from 100% and diminishes during the day, the different lines show different days but you can obsrve how the graphs of July decrease visibly slower than the graphs of May.
(There is one exception in the July group, and that is the very first day after the update)

Both charts are plotted on same normalized axis, the x runs from 0 to 19 hours (power status is saved every 10 minutes)
In reality I had to cut one day from the June chart since it ran longer than the 19 hours which was maximum on the May data.

Here are the data files for your covenience;
chartdata_v2.1.4.14
chartdata_v2.2.0.29

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
indeed after the latest update the device seems to consume lot less battery than before!
The data doesn't lie! Thanks for logging @juiceme!

I think I'll reflash and let it settle before doing my tweaks and changes.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Anyone notice higher power consumption on 2.2.0.29 on Xperia X?

Normally it takes a few days to settle (reindexing and whatnot) after an update, and the battery is back to normal. But this time it doesn't seem to last anywhere near as long as before.

I may reflash and see if it fixes it, but right now it's not looking good. I'd kill for a custom kernel that I could undervolt with...
Before reflashing, have you checked in TOP?
After the update contactsd was running wild on my X and the only way to keep it from clogging a whole cpu at 99% was to remove the contacts.db database and let it rebuild.
A very old tjc question brought me to the solution
Might be worth a try before reflash. Also note it can take some hours for the DB to fully recover. I thought the problem persistet even after killing the DB. But aftzer some hours the device finally settled down.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Before reflashing, have you checked in TOP?
After the update contactsd was running wild on my X and the only way to keep it from clogging a whole cpu at 99% was to remove the contacts.db database and let it rebuild.
A very old tjc question brought me to the solution
Might be worth a try before reflash. Also note it can take some hours for the DB to fully recover. I thought the problem persistet even after killing the DB. But aftzer some hours the device finally settled down.
Hey @mosen, great idea! I'll check that in the morning. Haven't really looked at top (or any other metrics, really... been busy with work). Will report back!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Juiceme is notorious Androidphobe, so he does not have Alien Dalvik installed. It's worth considering could Alien Dalvik be the culprit in this update.

I haven't myself noticed anything dramatic, but my gut feeling is that I'm plugging the phone more to power it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I haven't myself noticed anything dramatic, but my gut feeling is that I'm plugging the phone more to power it.
I share your gut feeling!
Also dalvik apps start up noticably slower and crash more often (for me). An easy to try example (i am looking for confirmation) is whatsapp camera on xperia x. It crashes the whole system to a reboot after some seconds...
But maybe it is only Jolla telling me i should better ignore customers that try to contact me over whatsapp

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Thanks, @ajalkane, @ mosen, indeed that was a thing I kind of forgot to include in the details (since it is obvious to most peolple who know me by reputation )

Indeed the day that I would put Android anywhere near my devices has not materialized yet, and hopefully will not dawn soon!

My data is of a pure SFOS installation, not poisoned by the Dalvik layer.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Massive activities features on Mer-Core look like SF III will be a Jumbo-Release

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-06-24 at 12:22.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x