Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
can't you move the non-opt file to another folder in the 2G apps section? and create a short cut to call it instead, this would save quite a good size space

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
woohoo after uninstalled Maemo.org theme i got 52.5MB left over that seem to be the problem with my root space as well. Are all your themes having this issues? the army theme and stuff

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
woohoo after uninstalled Maemo.org theme i got 52.5MB left over that seem to be the problem with my root space as well. Are all your themes having this issues? the army theme and stuff
It's the same issue with pretty much all themes released here which are made using this method:
http://tabletui.wordpress.com/2010/0...g-for-dummies/

I don't have enough knowledge on how to change behaviour of maemo-optify "tool" which is used for optification on that method.

Source of d-theme-black is available here if someone wants to take a look how it's built up:
http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...black/1.0.0.1/

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
It's the same issue with pretty much all themes released here which are made using this method:
http://tabletui.wordpress.com/2010/0...g-for-dummies/

I don't have enough knowledge on how to change behaviour of maemo-optify "tool" which is used for optification on that method.

Source of d-theme-black is available here if someone wants to take a look how it's built up:
http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...black/1.0.0.1/
Your army steel theme seem to behave okay. It took only 100kb in my rootfs. But the new one you've made took so much more.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Your army steel theme seem to behave okay. It took only 100kb in my rootfs. But the new one you've made took so much more.
Yeah. There's no logic on which files are left unoptified by maemo-optify.

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Yeah. There's no logic on which files are left unoptified by maemo-optify.
I really hope you can fix it though. I'll download your source black theme and may be try to get something out of it and make a new one

Updated again with new backgrounds for homescreen.

Been trying the updated black and blue versions today and like the improvements! I haven't tried a lot of the other themes that are out, but up to this point I've considered the MER/M5 Blue theme to be the benchmark against which I compare other themes, because it is complete, everything meshes together well, and it looks clean and professional. Your D-SERIES themes are of the same quality in my opinion, with the blue version challenging the MER/M5 theme for the title of "best blue theme for n900". Some thoughts:
-new backgrounds with the bar at the top = awesome and creative use of what would otherwise be blank space!
-new list separator = much better than the dots
-new top menu buttons = great! though the highlight for the close button has that creative shape you've made, even though the close button is always rectangular, so it kind of looks off.
-unlock screen and slider = very nice, I like the big slider button

possible improvements:
-would still like to see version-specific color highlights, alternate text, and button presses. All the grays look like they go well with black version, but what about the other two versions? For the blue version, icon presses, menu button presses, and menu selections would look better in theme-matching blue, as would the several areas that use two different kinds of text (menus, playlists, conversations inbox view, etc). White primary text with blue secondary text in these areas would look better I think.
-The colors in individual conversations could use some attention. Somewhat difficult to read the names, as its dark gray text on dark gray background. I'll refer to the MER/M5 Conversations color scheme here; with its blue names and dates, it looks nice and is easy to read.
-icing on the cake would be theme specific shades on the virtual keyboards. Your keyboards look very nice, though would be even better if they matched their theme version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Grant For This Useful Post:
maybe I can give you a suggestion for close button?

and pressed:

Just an idea...

these themes looks not transperent right i mean the icons r not like dark sky or original nokia themes or r they ?

Tags
awesome themes!, d-theme, fremantle, theme release