Active Topics

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
This should've been posted ever since we launched the CSSU.

What is the Community SSU?
The Community Seamless Software Update (CSSU) is being developed by the Maemo community as a continuation of, and expansion on, Nokia's update support. It aims to deliver fixes which would be difficult to deliver through Extras (like core Maemo packages). It won't, however, bundle software which can be installed through the Extras repositories.

For the stable flavor, please head to http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80392.

Official changelog (maintained by merlin1991): http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Changelog
Changelog in metapackage (usually always up-to-date): http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/m...bian/changelog

Latest version: 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo5.1
Date: Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Latest changelog:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Changelog#T-maemo5

Version T3 broke my device, what should I do?
Version T3 had an invalid symlink due to a bug in my scratchbox (sorry!), to fix it, update to T3.1 by:
Code:
rm -f /etc/init.d/ke-recv
apt-get update
apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr
# This will reboot your device:
dsmetool -b
Please read http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Installation_FAQ before asking questions!

This first post will always be up to date with (testing) release versions.

Last edited by chemist; 2012-09-12 at 21:43. Reason: version/changelog

The Following 194 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Acidspunk, acrux, ahmadamaj, AlekMX, alex-12gods, alexff, Alfred, amin007110, AnasSyria, Android_808, andy82i, antezz, antonichen, ArchiMark, arnoldux, arora.rohan, Arsenalter, ayos!, azad1top, Bad_Habit, bennypr0fane, BertvanDorp, bharathkumarst, biketool, bingbings, bitrocky, bocephus, borghal, c4rl05, caveman, chris_r, dar3d3vil, DaReaper, Dark_Angel85, datjomp, dattadude, Deaconclgi, deegore, demolition, dipack95, dipen_sanghavi, DJBENTZY, don_falcone, drangina, Dvd25, ed00, eddieselamp, ed_ab23, ed_boner, ejasmudar, Estel, Evilson, F2thaK, fasza2, fe_20, fleetwood, foobar, fw190, g0r, gabby131, gaiosgf, ghost_who_walks, Golian, gorgezilla, GrimyHR, GuruCrash, Gusse, HELLASISGREECE, hrbani, hstende, Hurrian, ibrakalifa, int_ua, iosu, ivyking, jaromrax, jhwan, Jigzy, joerg_rw, joonne, Joseph9560, jpala16, JSTAR, jurop88, jutley, Kenny.Vo, kent_autistic, Kevinar, kevloral, klinglerware, kmare, kolos, larsoy, longuist, maartenmk, MaddogG, magic_doc, Maj3stic, majesty, Masoi, mdb666, Mentalist Traceur, MetalGearSolid, Mike Fila, Minhaz, miqu, mirciox, misterc, Mitrigol, moepda, mosiomm, Mr. Incredible, Mr.bot, mrsellout, mr_jrt, mscion, Netweaver, niqbal, nkirk, nman, NokiaN900R, Omkar, OVK, pali, panjgoori, pantera1989, patemera, pavlik, PermanentX, peter2p, phapsubongtoi, phil4444, pierre032, poleepkwa, praveenchand, Protegio, purgiaali, pusak gaoq, Raimu, ramesh.kumar, raverpol, Red_Fox, RFS-81, robin92, romiiio, rotoflex, Russe89, ryusilva, sada11, Santhan, sbock, scozy, shanttu, Shinigamijim, sifo, sirpaul, Skaven2k2, smoothc, sowwhatyoureap, SSLMM, StocChr, Stonik, strange1712, Straycat, sunyakram, te37v, tecs, Tensuke, tlex26, TMavica, toxaris, travla, Trek1701, turbovomit, uhbhatti88, ukaef, vetsin, visN900, vkv.raju, Vlad_on_the_road, wicozani, Wikiwide, wimmme, Xagoln, XiliX, yaliang, zamorph, zdanee, zeljkobo12, zenit, Zentenario, zifis, zincholic
thank you MAG, just upgraded to latest version (testing).

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Many thanks! Blacklisting started working and rotation of desktop seems faster.

Good job!

The Following User Says Thank You to shanttu For This Useful Post:
Just installed T1.1 version of CSSU. It reverted camera-ui. Quick question, do i need to repeat the whole 720p process or just to need to install the following camera-ui files by freemangordon

camera-ui
libgdigicam0
libgdigicam-gst

EDIT: yeah just re-install above files and back in business

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-11-30 at 19:07.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
I found the time to update the Changelog http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...log#T-maemo1.1

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
When I run apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr I get alert about unmet dependencies:
Code:
mp-fremantle-community-pr: Depends: modest (>= 3.90.7.11) but 3.90.7-10 is to be installed
EDIT: I resolved my issue, modest version was pinned to 3.4.8+0m5 in /etc/apt/preferences. I did this few month ago due to modest crashes, but meanwhile I already upgraded to 3.90.7-10.

Last edited by kolos; 2011-11-30 at 20:54.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Just updated with HAM, did get an automatic reboot and now i have
version: 2102011.38-1maemo1.1 Flavor: Testing
Thx MAG & everyone who was involved
Attached Images

surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Thums up!

...but how does the portrait wallpapers work, now?
Are we able to set different images sets for portrait and landscape mode, and how?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
Thums up!

...but how does the portrait wallpapers work, now?
Are we able to set different images sets for portrait and landscape mode, and how?
Yes, it should work flawlessly. You will have to type some command in terminal:
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool true
Remember to reboot Maemo.

If You want to change wallpaper for portrait mode, just turn device to portrait and enter desktop edit mode.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
yes! finally!
Thank you arcean!

Tags
cssu testing