Active Topics

cssu-state shows version of packages in git branches (master, stable) and in repositories cssu-devel, cssu-testing, cssu-stable.

In some cases some older packages were uploaded directly to cssu-testing and is not present in cssu-devel...

basically any package which is in repository must be in git: uploading to cssu-devel means that source must be pushed to master branch; uploading to cssu-stable means that source must be pushed to stable branch -- possible via git fast forward. any inconsistance is shown in cssu-state script.

source packages with -dev suffix are not useful for n900 device and we decided that those packages will not go to cssu-testing and cssu-stable. Just in cssu-devel. but those -dev packages are needed to build other packages, so be sure to locally build them (or install from cssu-devel).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Thanks Pali, very helpful. I'll try to keep my questions to irc.

@mr_pingu
I know you were looking to try building the cssu packages too so this may be helpful. It's what I used to clone all the repos.
Code:
curl -s https://api.github.com/users/community-ssu/repos?per_page=100 | python -c $'import json, sys, os\nfor repo in json.load(sys.stdin): os.system("git clone " + repo["clone_url"])'
curl -s https://api.github.com/users/community-ssu/repos?per_page=100\&page=2 | python -c $'import json, sys, os\nfor repo in json.load(sys.stdin): os.system("git clone " + repo["clone_url"])'

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ilew For This Useful Post:
A new version of CSSU Testing has been released (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo12)

Changelog for this version is in the usual place:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Changelog#Tmaemo12

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Ilew For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
This is great news that CSSU is still getting updates. Are you also looking at the other versions of just "testing" version?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ilew View Post
A new version of CSSU Testing has been released (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo12)

Changelog for this version is in the usual place:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Changelog#Tmaemo12
I have installed it. But now I get network error notification from skype when I try to go online. Are the two related or have we finally lost skype for good? Last time I was using the N900 in September Skype was working fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Skype half works for me. I can see other people's status but they cannot see mine. It says, "Offline with voice messaging only". I can make and receive Skype calls including video but cannot send or receive IM.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Will give it a few days before installing. Hopefully fmg will put out a thumb version as well at some stage

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Thanks, but how to install it? The update showed in the status bar, then it asked to add sources and finally it exited with error - something like unable to find/download (I can't remember correctly). Now the update is not shown in both the UI and apt-get.

Originally Posted by yarda View Post
Thanks, but how to install it? The update showed in the status bar, then it asked to add sources and finally it exited with error - something like unable to find/download (I can't remember correctly). Now the update is not shown in both the UI and apt-get.
I tried doing it via apt-get but ran out of Rootfs space. I tried to clear out some space in rootfs and ran out of space to move stuff to /opt/. I then got the upgrade notice via HAM and asked it to install, while i tried to work out how to get more space in /opt/ And low and behold the HAM install was successful without errors, and the version number now reflects the new version. Not sure if your problem is related to rootfs space also as there is a reasonable chunk of data to download.

Originally Posted by glo-worm View Post
This is great news that CSSU is still getting updates. Are you also looking at the other versions of just "testing" version?
I only have permission to testing.
Currently I'm just focusing on making sure there isn't any major problems with this new release, if everything goes well and no one is currently looking at stable then I will look into it.

I have installed it. But now I get network error notification from skype when I try to go online. Are the two related or have we finally lost skype for good? Last time I was using the N900 in September Skype was working fine.
Not sure if it's related. I don't use Skype sorry.
I don't think anything related to skype was touched though.

Make sure community-ssu-enabler and community-ssu-enabler-testing have been installed.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ilew For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing