Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I'm interested, why is it so important to see the exact phone number of a contact in the Phone application listing? I mean, I have hard time understanding the use case. One of my contacts called, great, why his/her exact phone number would be meaningful information in such a listing?
Pure availability reasons for me.
Many of my contacts have work and private numbers so to reach them properly or at all i need to select.
As workaround i fell back to having two or more seperate entries for those contacts when leaving n900.
Literally like back in the symbian or even SIM stored times and i would really like to move into this millenium and end that daily pita
I will look into using long press now that i realized they put the number there some updates ago but it is still not what i want for a nice overview in the list.

Last edited by mosen; 2018-05-31 at 23:44.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Pure availability reasons for me.
Many of my contacts have work and private numbers so to reach them properly or at all i need to select.
As workaround i fell back to having two or more seperate entries for those contacts when leaving n900.
Literally like back in the symbian or even SIM stored times and i would really like to move into this millenium and end that daily pita
I will look into using long press now that i realized they put the number there some updates ago but it is still not what i want for a nice overview in the list.
If you disable "Quick call" from Phone application settings, then when you click on the caller it will show contact information. it will show what number the call originated from, but it will also show all other alternate numbers so you can just choose to call to one of his/her other numbers.

I hope that helps the pain somewhat.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I hope that helps the pain somewhat.
right. quickcall off is a better workaround. thx.

But still when i unified the contacts of my wife and call from mobile, then from landline. There are not two enteris in the so called "call log" but only one with the number changing.
If a captain of a ship would keep his log that kind of vague... Ohh another island, lets overwrite the location of the last one we dicovered and call it , wait, island again.
I guess what i am actually missing, expressed in sailfish logic, is the "Separate entry per call/number/contact in log" setting. But also that might be a sign of me aging

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I guess what i am actually missing, expressed in sailfish logic, is the "Separate entry per call/number/contact in log" setting.
Yesssss! Please, please, PLEASE, give us one log entry per call, Jolla. Thank you in advance.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Oh c'mon guys. Are you not way too demanding?
I guess they use the contact UID to store the logs (not the number itself). And that way you always have a unique contact to show! Remember the good ol' Symbian/Maemo days? Where having stored the same number under different contacts screwed up the call log (not being able to show the belonging contact)?
So choose wise ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Weel there'd be no problem showing all the calls in the log, both missed and completed. I think that's what @pichlo wants and I want it DESPERATELY too.

Like, say you miss 3 calls from somebody, it only says you have 3 missed calls and shows up the time of the last missed call. I want to see the exact times of all those missed calls!

Similarily, always when you make/receive a call the list only shows the last one. I want to see all the calls!

Now I have to go to call recorder and check the logs from there which is inconvenient.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Why not both? UID and number?

Mosen is right, I too have a number of contacts with two or more mobile numbers each, plus home, work etc. Knowing which number called me is often an existential question.

While on the topic, how do people organise business contacts? Sailfish's address book is not really designed very well for cases where you have only the company name and the phone number but no person. And even if I have the person's name, "Red Kite Roofing calling" or "Joe Blogs from Red Kite Roofing calling" is much better than just "Joe Bloggs calling".

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Why not both? UID and number?
but then please also the datetime.

Mosen is right, I too have a number of contacts with two or more mobile numbers each, plus home, work etc. Knowing which number called me is often an existential question.
existential?
Or essential??

While on the topic, how do people organise business contacts? Sailfish's address book is not really designed very well for cases where you have only the company name and the phone number but no person. And even if I have the person's name, "Red Kite Roofing calling" or "Joe Blogs from Red Kite Roofing calling" is much better than just "Joe Bloggs calling".
Do you really believe SF meant for business users?

And sorry for sarcasm but such discussion after (how many?) years.
I do support such 'feature'!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Please, be aware appling Mazelock patch.
Lockscreen will not work any more and without SSH enabled it will not be possible to remove patch.

I did a recovery yesterday, because I'm wasn't ebale to remove patch via shell at recovery mode.

found this on jollausers.de, but i got permission error after i tried to mount

Code:
Quellcode

-- mount rootfs /mnt : mount /dev/mmcblk1p28 /mnt
    -- chroot inside the phone os : "chroot /mnt"
    -- check installed patches patches: ls /var/lib/patchmanager/ausmt/patches
    -- patchmanager -u <name of patch>
    -- rpm -e <name des patches>

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unreasonable Behaviour For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Unreasonable Behaviour View Post
Please, be aware appling Mazelock patch.
Lockscreen will not work any more and without SSH enabled it will not be possible to remove patch.

I did a recovery yesterday, because I'm wasn't ebale to remove patch via shell at recovery mode.

found this on jollausers.de, but i got permission error after i tried to mount

Code:
Quellcode

-- mount rootfs /mnt : mount /dev/mmcblk1p28 /mnt
    -- chroot inside the phone os : "chroot /mnt"
    -- check installed patches patches: ls /var/lib/patchmanager/ausmt/patches
    -- patchmanager -u <name of patch>
    -- rpm -e <name des patches>
Thanks for report. I'll disable fuzz in patchmanager3.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x