Active Topics

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
After spendig about six months on Sailfis OS again (i had a Jolla 1 before) and loved it i'm saying goodbye for now. Many lost calls and text messages not received left me to this decision. I'm even considering selling my Aquafish converted to Jolla C firmware. Already miss Sailfish but some bugs and the lack of LTE band 20 made me put it inside a drawer. I read in the forum that some users had the same problems with no solution ahead. Some of them thought that it was a carrier problem but i noticed it happened when i moved around and lost wifi connection to data. Somehow when someone was calling to me the phone rang on the other side but my Aquafish wasn't showing anything. The same with the text messages. I had to reboot to work again. I will continue to read the forum and help anyone that needs my help. I'm available to try new things for our comunity since it's not my primary device. I moved to a Nokia 5 and i can say that if it was possible to install Sailfish on it it would be great. Thanks to all that help me trough these years.

Last edited by deutch1976; 2018-03-02 at 14:29.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
After spendig about six months on Sailfis OS again (i had a Jolla ! before) and loved it i'm saying goodbye for now. Many lost calls and text messages not received left me to this decision. I'm even considering selling my Aquafish converted to Jolla C firmware. Already miss Sailfish but some bugs and the lack of LTE band 20 made me put it inside a drawer. I read in the forum that some users had the same problems with no solution ahead. Some of them thought that it was a carrier problem but i noticed it happened when i moved around and lost wifi connection to data. Somehow when someone was calling to me the phone rang on the other side but my Aquafish wasn't showing anything. The same with the text messages. I had to reboot to work again. I will continue to read the forum and help anyone that needs my help. I'm available to try new things for our comunity since it's not my primary device. I moved to a Nokia 5 and i can say that if it was possible to install Sailfish on it it would be great. Thanks to all that help me trough these years.
Thank you. You are always welcome to off-topic if you want to have a good time with your Nokia 5 or anything else completely unrelated. .

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2016 @ Finland
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
After spendig about six months on Sailfis OS again (i had a Jolla 1 before) and loved it i'm saying goodbye for now. Many lost calls and text messages not received left me to this decision. I'm even considering selling my Aquafish converted to Jolla C firmware. Already miss Sailfish but some bugs and the lack of LTE band 20 made me put it inside a drawer. I read in the forum that some users had the same problems with no solution ahead. Some of them thought that it was a carrier problem but i noticed it happened when i moved around and lost wifi connection to data. Somehow when someone was calling to me the phone rang on the other side but my Aquafish wasn't showing anything. The same with the text messages. I had to reboot to work again. I will continue to read the forum and help anyone that needs my help. I'm available to try new things for our comunity since it's not my primary device. I moved to a Nokia 5 and i can say that if it was possible to install Sailfish on it it would be great. Thanks to all that help me trough these years.
The rolled-back/EA/upcoming 2.1.1/2.1.2 has a fix (workaround?) for this, BTW; the phone warns if it loses the connections and suggests a reboot. Has worked for me at least (YMMV).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mazoon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mazoon View Post
The rolled-back/EA/upcoming 2.1.1/2.1.2 has a fix (workaround?) for this, BTW; the phone warns if it loses the connections and suggests a reboot. Has worked for me at least (YMMV).
Maybe i'll try it one day, if i won't sell it before. thanks anyway

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
I understand your problems (experienced the missed calls myself), but 2.1.1 (and now 2.1.2) seems to have fixed them at least for me (no missed calls, not even the notification that rild crashed and a reboot is needed).
The LTE problems probably come from the fact that the Aquafish was designed for the indian market where only parts of the LTE bands from Europe or the USA are used.

My suggestion, if you would like to stay with SFOS would be to take a look at SFOS X and the Xperia X. The community builds look pretty solid and since the Xperia is targeted at the european / US market, they are more refined to it. I won't suspect any connectivity issues as was the case with the Aquafish. Of course, we'll have to wait till next week and the official release to see for sure.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
I'm not willing to invest on SFOS X and the Xperia X because i don't want to buy a phone and pay an extra for the OS. About the LTE problem as to do when i go to a certain region of Portugal where i realy need LTE and not having the 20 band it works on a very poor 3g. I would consider buying chenliangchen phone when it gets available to buy

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Dave -- have you bailed on Sailfish too?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Thank you. You are always welcome to off-topic if you want to have a good time with your Nokia 5 or anything else completely unrelated. .

The Following User Says Thank You to meatbiscuit For This Useful Post:
Hello once more. Any ideas about the text message not received on the Aquafish with 2.1.3? I used it the other day and did not receive messages the all day. Hope anyone can give a hint. Thanks in advance

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Are you sure it's not just your crap provider that is trashing your messages?
Did the sender get a "delivery confirmed" message?
Anything in the journal when you're supposed to be receiving a message?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Are you sure it's not just your crap provider that is trashing your messages?
Did the sender get a "delivery confirmed" message?
Anything in the journal when you're supposed to be receiving a message?
My provider is really a crap but i'm sure it's not his fault. It's the second sim i try and always happens on aquafish but not on no other phone

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post: